All about Toddlers

MomOfTwins2
Losing motivation...
May 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Hi Moms!

Just looking for some advice on dealing with stress. I'm in a bad slump and can't seem to get out due to exhaustion and a bit of anxiety with my workload. About me: I am a 35 yr old mom with twin 6 year old girls & a 20 month old daughter as well. I am married - altho my husband is fairly useless. Don't get me wrong - he works a busy daytime job....but when it comes to any housework or anything with the kids -- he's just not going to participate.

I love being a mom and wouldn't trade it in for anything. But, I also work a very demanding full time job in the Accounting field. When I get home and the craziness of the evenings (homework, dinner, baths, pjs, meltdowns, etc) begins - I feel incredibly overwhelmed and am looking for some techniques or suggestions to help find some inner peace. About 9 weeks ago I started this great exercise DVD called Turbo Fire. Its awesome by the way!! But, I'm about half way thru the 20-week DVD program and I'm quickly losing motivation because of stress and feeling overwhelmed. Anyone have any ideas or things that they've used to de-stress at the end (or beginning) of a long day?

surrender

Replies

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    May 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    I'm sorry, I know how you feel. I've felt extremely stressed lately. I think exercise is a great stress buster. I take walks when I feel stressed too. Sometimes good long ones! Talking to a family member or friend can help too.

Try talking to your husband too. Ask him to help you some more. Tell him how stressed you are and that even a little will help out a lot.

Feel better soon!
  • MomOfTwins2
    May 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Thank you! :)

All about Toddlers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts