All about Toddlers

MomOfTwins2
Losing motivation...
May 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Hi Moms!

Just looking for some advice on dealing with stress. I'm in a bad slump and can't seem to get out due to exhaustion and a bit of anxiety with my workload. About me: I am a 35 yr old mom with twin 6 year old girls & a 20 month old daughter as well. I am married - altho my husband is fairly useless. Don't get me wrong - he works a busy daytime job....but when it comes to any housework or anything with the kids -- he's just not going to participate.

I love being a mom and wouldn't trade it in for anything. But, I also work a very demanding full time job in the Accounting field. When I get home and the craziness of the evenings (homework, dinner, baths, pjs, meltdowns, etc) begins - I feel incredibly overwhelmed and am looking for some techniques or suggestions to help find some inner peace. About 9 weeks ago I started this great exercise DVD called Turbo Fire. Its awesome by the way!! But, I'm about half way thru the 20-week DVD program and I'm quickly losing motivation because of stress and feeling overwhelmed. Anyone have any ideas or things that they've used to de-stress at the end (or beginning) of a long day?

surrender

Replies

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    May 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    I'm sorry, I know how you feel. I've felt extremely stressed lately. I think exercise is a great stress buster. I take walks when I feel stressed too. Sometimes good long ones! Talking to a family member or friend can help too.

Try talking to your husband too. Ask him to help you some more. Tell him how stressed you are and that even a little will help out a lot.

Feel better soon!
  • MomOfTwins2
    May 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Thank you! :)

All about Toddlers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email