All about Toddlers

ncohetero
New Here and Have a Question
March 8, 2013 at 8:09 PM

My name is Nadine. I'm 24 and a SAHM to a two year old girl and a four month old boy. I've just come to the conclusion that my toddler might have lactose intolerance. I mean she always had poop issues since infancy. Every time she went it was all over her back and legs without fail. This followed her through year one and year two. I just thought she was unlucky and never addressed it with the doctor. Well shes potty trained during the day now and wear diapers overnight. So now it's gotten to the point that she always throws wet farts. Ruining her socks and underwear and sometimes clothes. Last week I had to strip her linens every single day after she got up because despite pooping during the day she exploded through her diaper at night. I noticed it was worse when she had a cup of milk close to bed time. I've since switched her to almond milk and have not given her any other type of dairy. There was no explosions last night and no wet farts today. So I hope this keeps going on but now I don't know how to supplement things like eggs and cheese. You know breakfast foods and snacks. She loved snacking on cheese slices. Anyone else have this problem with their toddler? Any advice on foods?

Replies

• happy2bmom25
    March 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    She should still be able to have eggs. Oatmeal mught be another breakfast option too. We dont buy milk but we still do cheese and butter and yogurt.
  • ncohetero
    March 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    Do you guys not drink milk just because you feel its unnecessary or is someone lactose intolerant?

Quoting happy2bmom25:

She should still be able to have eggs. Oatmeal mught be another breakfast option too. We dont buy milk but we still do cheese and butter and yogurt.

• erinj
    by erinj
    March 12, 2013 at 1:31 AM
    Eggs are not dairy, she can still eat eggs. For breakfast try, pancakes/waffles, eggs, oatmeal, toast with peanutbutter. Snacks: fruit, veggies, crackers, hummus, popcorn, pretzels, cereal bars.... There are lots of dairy free options. Pm me if you need more ideas.

All about Toddlers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN