All about Toddlers

mommylizTB2809
potty training?
January 26, 2013 at 6:33 AM

My daughter is 16 months old. Should we start looking out for potty training signs? If there no signs yet, is that bad? the other day before she took her bath. ( she takes a bath every morning and every night ) so i put on the potty to see what she would and she would let go of me, and she got scared. and the reason i did is because she always trys to come in that bathroom when  we are using it. she like she look in the potty. (  how it works. ) She was only on the potty for a few sec. Do you think that was a bad idea? I know every child is different. But do you have any advice for us?

Replies

• xomrs.chase
    January 26, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    I would let her explore until she's more interested.

We got one early (he's only 13mo) because he likes to come into the bathroom with me. I'd sit him on it every time I go, and praise him when he uses it. I also taught him the sign for 'potty' and twice or more a day he'll sign to me that he has to go! I'm really surprised how well he takes to it.

We make it fun too. He always gets to say "bye bye" to the contents as we flush them. Lol he always leaves the bathroom with a smile.
  • AbbyCarrera
    January 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM

My dd is 14 mo and she wants to sit on the potty every time her brother does, and she tells me sometimes when she needs to go.  Let her play with her own potty, this way she will feel good siting on it.

All about Toddlers