All about Toddlers

sunbunny2006
what else can i do???please don't judge me
January 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I swear every room in my house has some kind of maker on it. I have done everything i can, some how she still manages to get the black perment(?) marker. I have smacked her butt, hands, yelled, screamed, make her clean it, sat her in time out, what is left that i have not thought of. I have even thrown them in the damn trash can still she seems to find more. Someone please help!

Replies

• erinj
    by erinj
    January 20, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    Sounds like you have a little artist!

Magic Erasers can get the ink off lots of surfaces... My only advice is to get her her own set of washable markers and keep the permanent pens out of reach.
  • MixedCooke
    January 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM

yep, keep the permanent ones out of reach and get the washable ones

• MixedCooke
    January 21, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Better idea--paint a wall with chalkboard paint and buy her a pack of chalk and let her have that specific wall to go to town!

• MixedCooke
    January 21, 2013 at 3:12 AM

You can also layer it with magnetic paint by putting the magnetic paint on the bottom layer and then top it off with the chalkboard paint and I am sure that will really make her day!

• sunbunny2006
    January 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Thanks for the advice. I need to do something!

• Newmommys101
    January 24, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    Color wonder markers are wonderful. My son never tried to color on walls but my little girl loves to. Color wonder markers only color its special paper.
  • xomrs.chase
    January 26, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    I love this idea! I might do it for fun

Quoting MixedCooke:

Better idea--paint a wall with chalkboard paint and buy her a pack of chalk and let her have that specific wall to go to town!

• aeneen
    by aeneen
    February 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I have the same thing happening! She finds pens out of no where, and even though i catch her everytime she starts drawing on the walls, the moment my back is turned, she starts drawing! Spanks, Timeouts, NOTHING works, when i get a place I can paint i am definitely doing the chalkboard walls. We had a huge chalk board at our old house and it helped so much!

• flutterbeckie3
    March 3, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I love the idea of the chalkboard paint!

• flutterbeckie3
    March 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Thinking of pinning a canvas sheet to my one wall in living room, we rarely have guests so it's just my daughter's playroom at this point lol. then we can all paint on it, and even might have guests add something since we mostly hang out with creative people.

All about Toddlers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN