All about Toddlers

cking21
Napping Battles :/
by cking21
January 18, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Hey ladies!
  I am new this group, but I have a battle I can NEVER seem to win! :/   

Need adivce!  I know this question has been asked before... But I couldnt find a post so Im startin' again...  
  My twins are 3yo, for the past month or so they fight naps so bad!  I swear it takes more energy to lay them down then to go on a walk!  UGH!  What did your babes stop napping?
  Should I continue this battle?  Or just skip naps??  Part of me doesn't want to give up because im in college again, I care give for a 2 year old as well, and its my only time for homework/quiet time during the day without staying up super late...  Ive always read naps until 5yo, cause it allows toddlers to catch up and grow still...  Also, If they dont nap, then they end up falling asleep in the truck while Im driving, so then I feel bad for waking them up cause they OBVIOUSLY still need that rest... RIGHT?!?   Then we end up NOT getting our errands done.. :(
  What do you think? 

Replies

• Newmommys101
    January 24, 2013 at 12:46 AM
    My soon stopped napping at 2. He would fight it so bad. Try other ways for quiet time. Have them color. Play quite toys. Let them watch a movie ( not a 2 hour one) but like a short 30 min one that they like. My son had to sit and watch an episode of Mickey mouse clubhouse. If they fall asleep during it let them nap. If they stay awake then no nap but you get your quiet time. Of course they will make some nosie they are 3. Buy you should be able to get something done. All kids are different try what works for you.

All about Toddlers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN