All about Toddlers

Grateful2
Terrible Two and the Acid Baby
September 20, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I do not refer to my children by these titles, but sometimes I feel this is what they are.  I have an almost two year old and a 4 month old and love these girls more than anything.  Lately my two year old has been screaming and whinning like crazy and refusing to take naps. She gets out of bed fifteen times before I finally put her in the baby's crib.  Meanwhile, the baby is spitting up all over the place and crying through this chaos.  How do I keep my sanity?  I know it will pass at some point, but geez!

Replies

• AbbyCarrera
    September 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I was there, my kids are now 2 yo and 10 mo...... not big advice. have time for your self....

• smallfry3280
    September 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM

i have a 2.5 dd and a 4 month old ds.... my dd at times decides to pitch screaming fits about anything and everything( not all the time) but i started treating her like a baby when she does it. ex: last night she screamed and pitched af it when i said it was bed time. so i said are you a baby or a big girl? she said "baby" so i said ok lets get you a diaper( she is wearing panties now) and a bttle of milk and lay you in the crib. she said "ok" .... so i went through the motions. she saw i was serious and said i am a big girl... give the baby the bottle... and after that she was very compliant

• CameronsMomm
    September 22, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Hang in there! Mine are 2 & 4 and I swear it gets easier everyday. I do not miss the baby stage AT ALL! 

• Grateful2
    April 10, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    Thanks. You are right, it has gotten easier.
  • Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    April 11, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I'm sorry. I know how you feel with the terrible two's, mine is going through that now with the screaming. Ugh! I keep telling him no screaming, and sometimes I tell him I won't listen to him if he is going to scream. Eventually he stops.

All about Toddlers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN