Working Moms

the3Rs
Help me rewind time!!
by the3Rs
December 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I always looked young for my age.  When I was in my early years of teaching - despite being all dressed up & in heels I actually got in trouble a few years for being in the halls (they thought I was a student).  When I was married and had my first child (age 27) I was reprimanded about being a "young mom" by a checkout lady.

Anyway - those days are long gone.  At 42, my face is finally catching up to my age - and possibly surpassing it.  :(  Honesty, I don't do anything other than wash it.  No lotions or creams or masks or anything, (I don't wear makeup either) but I think I need to start using something.

The worst part is my eyes - dark circles/bags under my eyes.  Any suggestions on the best products to use??

Replies

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    December 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Sorry, no help here.  I don't use anything but face wash. 

• adamsmom0116
    December 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I use the Simple brand - it's found at WalMart, Target, Walgreens....relatively inexpensive. I used to use the Philosophy line and loved it. Not sure why I switched other than sometimes I feel like I just need a change.

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    December 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Oh my gosh!  I'm not 42, I'm 41!!  Eek.  What does that say - when you forget your own age??

sidesplittinglaughter

surrender

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    December 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Don't make youself older!

Quoting the3Rs:

Oh my gosh!  I'm not 42, I'm 41!!  Eek.  What does that say - when you forget your own age??

sidesplittinglaughter

surrender

• leahbeah143
    December 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I think I have an eye thing from Olay, but I didn't use it long enough to notice any difference. Out of lazyness, I didn't have any issues with it or anything.

• CorpCityGrl
    December 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I've always looked young for my age and would get mistaken for a teen mom.  I'm 35 now and I DO notice little things.  I switched over to olive oil soap to wash my face (best thing ever) and moisturize and use sunscreen.  For my eyes, I use Oil of Olay eye cream (I forget which one) and for my face, I use a light moisturizer at night (DH is addicted to Ole Henrickson so I use that - it's a Vitamin C cream) and I use sunscreen during the day.

• adamsmom0116
    December 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Whoops! That's funny! :)

Quoting the3Rs:

sidesplittinglaughter

surrender

• Nighttiger
    December 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    No suggestions. I'm the same. Both dh and I always looked young. Now dh still looks like hes early 20s (hes 35) and im starting to look my age (33). Looks like im robbing the cradle :(
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    December 18, 2013 at 6:52 PM

bump I don't use anything

• HaileysMom07180
    December 18, 2013 at 6:54 PM

i have the same problem.  i used to look young for my age and when i was 22 and pregnant with dd they wouldn't let me into a rated r movie cuz i'd left my ID at home.  I was like 8 months preggo, but apparently that didn't matter

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN