Working Moms

the3Rs
Help me rewind time!!
by the3Rs
December 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I always looked young for my age.  When I was in my early years of teaching - despite being all dressed up & in heels I actually got in trouble a few years for being in the halls (they thought I was a student).  When I was married and had my first child (age 27) I was reprimanded about being a "young mom" by a checkout lady.

Anyway - those days are long gone.  At 42, my face is finally catching up to my age - and possibly surpassing it.  :(  Honesty, I don't do anything other than wash it.  No lotions or creams or masks or anything, (I don't wear makeup either) but I think I need to start using something.

The worst part is my eyes - dark circles/bags under my eyes.  Any suggestions on the best products to use??

Replies

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    December 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Sorry, no help here.  I don't use anything but face wash. 

• adamsmom0116
    December 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I use the Simple brand - it's found at WalMart, Target, Walgreens....relatively inexpensive. I used to use the Philosophy line and loved it. Not sure why I switched other than sometimes I feel like I just need a change.

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    December 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Oh my gosh!  I'm not 42, I'm 41!!  Eek.  What does that say - when you forget your own age??

sidesplittinglaughter

surrender

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    December 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Don't make youself older!

Quoting the3Rs:

Oh my gosh!  I'm not 42, I'm 41!!  Eek.  What does that say - when you forget your own age??

sidesplittinglaughter

surrender

• leahbeah143
    December 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I think I have an eye thing from Olay, but I didn't use it long enough to notice any difference. Out of lazyness, I didn't have any issues with it or anything.

• CorpCityGrl
    December 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I've always looked young for my age and would get mistaken for a teen mom.  I'm 35 now and I DO notice little things.  I switched over to olive oil soap to wash my face (best thing ever) and moisturize and use sunscreen.  For my eyes, I use Oil of Olay eye cream (I forget which one) and for my face, I use a light moisturizer at night (DH is addicted to Ole Henrickson so I use that - it's a Vitamin C cream) and I use sunscreen during the day.

• adamsmom0116
    December 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Whoops! That's funny! :)

Quoting the3Rs:

sidesplittinglaughter

surrender

• Nighttiger
    December 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    No suggestions. I'm the same. Both dh and I always looked young. Now dh still looks like hes early 20s (hes 35) and im starting to look my age (33). Looks like im robbing the cradle :(
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    December 18, 2013 at 6:52 PM

bump I don't use anything

• HaileysMom07180
    December 18, 2013 at 6:54 PM

i have the same problem.  i used to look young for my age and when i was 22 and pregnant with dd they wouldn't let me into a rated r movie cuz i'd left my ID at home.  I was like 8 months preggo, but apparently that didn't matter

Working Moms