Working Moms

Marti123
Your SO's opinion of WOH or WAH?
October 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
So I am hanging out at home lately with the new babe. I grade papers and school things stuff on-line, but as a whole I am mostly a SAHM temporarily.

DH has stated on multiple occasions (recently when he woke up to homemade muffins), "I wish I could make enough money, you could just do this all the time" soooooooo, I know some of us choose to work, some of must work, some us it's a little of both, BUT

If the only factor was your SO's opinion, would he/she want you to be a SAHM?

Replies

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    October 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM
    He would want us to be independently wealthy so we could both not work, LOL.
  • Marti123
    October 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    Haha, mine would probably be ok with that too!

Quoting the3Rs:

• CorpCityGrl
    October 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM

This goes without saying! LOL!

DH would want me to be SAHM. It's been a sore spot between us because I stayed home until DD was 19 months old before going back to work.  I missed working and having something of my own and I felt completely isolated and was depressed at home.  He didn't understand that or the feeling of helplessness and despair I sometimes had. 

Quoting the3Rs:

• Marti123
    October 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    Oh, that is tough, it's probably so hard to understand until you have been there!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

DH would want me to be SAHM. It's been a sore spot between us because I stayed home until DD was 19 months old before going back to work.  I missed working and having something of my own and I felt completely isolated and was depressed at home.  He didn't understand that or the feeling of helplessness and despair I sometimes had. 

Quoting the3Rs:

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    October 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    Seriously though, the one year that I actually was a SAHM was an awesome year. He felt good being the provider for once, I loved not working (though I did occasionally sub). But we realized I needed to work to pay off debt & ultimately I am the higher wage earner, so it was only that one year that I didn't work.

I know he wishes I could be a SAHM but it's just not in the cards.
  • trfgirl56701
    October 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM

DH and I both would like for me to be a sahm but it's not something we can afford right now.

• CorpCityGrl
    October 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM

It is hard to understand unless you've been there!  DH though thinks being a SAHM mom is a piece of cake and that you are living a relaxed life.  One day at home with DD and he complains! 

I liked spending time with DD, but I didn't like the fact that I felt like I had no other outlet and was isolated despite us living in a big city.  I felt like I had lost my identity and it was rough - especially since I was home by myself all day, every day while DH was away in training.  It was just a different experience for me and hard since most SAHM have someone that comes home at the end of the day and I didn't at the time. 

Ideally, I would work part-time.

Quoting Marti123:

Oh, that is tough, it's probably so hard to understand until you have been there!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting the3Rs:

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    October 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Probably.  But I would not do that.

• adamsmom0116
    October 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Well this, obviously! :)

But in real life, DH knows that I would go crazy being a SAHM. I really admire the moms who do it and stay sane. I can't do it. I went nuts on maternity leave and went back to work sooner than originally planned. I wish I had a cleaner house and had more time in the evenings to cook a better supper....but SAHM is not the life for me. Now, DH on the other hand would be an AWESOME sahd. 

Quoting the3Rs:

• Marti123
    October 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    This sums us up as well. Except, I have never been a SAHM ever. I 'think' I would greatly enjoy it though.

Quoting the3Rs:

Seriously though, the one year that I actually was a SAHM was an awesome year. He felt good being the provider for once, I loved not working (though I did occasionally sub). But we realized I needed to work to pay off debt & ultimately I am the higher wage earner, so it was only that one year that I didn't work.

I know he wishes I could be a SAHM but it's just not in the cards.

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN