Working Moms

Irish_mama_2011
What did you want to be?
October 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM

When you grew up? I wanted to be a famous artist, I was pretty good at drawing, but I never had the talent to get noticed, I was always in the shadow of my older brother. My dreams started to change after I had my first son, I wanted to be a nurse, but I didn't go to college after going back and finishing high school until just recently.

When I was pregnant with my second son, I did a lot of research about home birth and I decided I wanted to become a certified nurse midwife because I'm really interested in women's health, and the home birthing proccess is such a beautiful thing, and for that I need my master's in nursing.

It's going to take a long time, I wish I would have realized what I really wanted to do years ago and acted upon it, but at least I feel like I'm finally finding myself. I've only been in class for two weeks, going into three tomorrow, but I absolutely love it!

Replies

• Bubbie0809
    October 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I wanted to be a writer. It is still something I would love to be, but life always gets in the way.

• Irish_mama_2011
    October 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM

True, true. I kept putting my life on hold for one reason or another, making excuses why I couldn't go after my dream, until one day I finally realized I couldn't wait anymore and I have to make it happen, dreams don't come true on their own.

Quoting Bubbie0809:

I wanted to be a writer. It is still something I would love to be, but life always gets in the way.

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    October 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    When I was younger I wanted to be an astrophysicist. Then, I wanted to be in a major symphony. I actually did audition for the Chicago Symphony. Didn't get it, but fulfilled part of that dream by just playing on that amazing stage.

I ended up being a music teacher for too many years which was NOT my dream. Now I'm in software development, which was never a dream, but I enjoy it.

If I'm being honest, I still want to perform professionally, but that dream is just not going to come true. I do play in the community band though, so I guess that's something.
  • rissarin
    October 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    When I was little, I wanted to be a nurse. In high school I wanted to be an investigator. But I always had a secret want to be a park ranger. And come January when I start school full time, I'll be one step closer to that "secret" want. Although, now it's become more than just a park ranger. Instead I'd love to be a wildlife biologist or wildlife rehabilitator.
  • MountieMama
    October 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM
    Well originally I wanted to be an addictions counsellor for a few years before being a cop. I just skipped that part
  • mamavalor
    October 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I wanted to be a teacher and someday be financially independent to work as one pro bono.  I became one and then became a SAHM, which now I do AND volunteer.  So I guess I am getting there.

• calsmom62
    October 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    i wanted to be a teacher or a stewardess. too tall to be a stewardess though, ( they had strict limits back then), a forest ranger. a lawyer. i ended up being a teacher and then sahm and then HR.
  • leahbeah143
    October 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I wanted to be a cheerleader lol

• strongerwtime
    October 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM

So I thought I would be an ice skater....or an obstetrician. Polar opposite professions..I did nothing close to it.  I feel into longtime administrative work and then landed in marketing. My dream would be to songwrite and record (which I do in my down time) and then work with a team on a project, movie etc. that gains grammy recognition. That's my dream. So, been networking.  Made cards..going for it.

• preacherskid
    October 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Ballerina.  Bad knees got in the way of that.

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN