Working Moms

Seagodess
What is your families work and daycare schedule?
June 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I work sun-thur 5am-1:30pm.
Dh has sun & wed off and works graveyard. Usually home around 11am.
We hired someone to come to our house when i leave and stay until dh gets home. During the school year ds goes to his classmates house and the mom gets them up, ready for school and on the bus.

Replies

• funnymommy71
    June 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Hi! I work a weird compressed 35 hours in a M-F off on Tuesday schedule- long days- ugghhhh!  DH: M-Sat off Thurs.: 5:30-3- Sat (half day). So my kids are part time daycare. When they were babies till age 3 both were- 2 days D/C.  Now they are older and DS will be home after school in September for about an hour- he is in middle school and DD in D/C after school as schedules do not match- they are 5 years apart.  Our schedule works for us now and will change as they get older!

• Nighttiger
    June 23, 2013 at 5:46 AM
    I work normal m to f approx 8 to 6. Dh works from home. Ds1 has daycare tues to fri 8 to 4
  • the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    June 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    I work from home normal M-F hours.

DH works Tu-Sa 5:00am-1:00pm. It's an hour drive each way.

My kids are all school age, so no daycare. I take them to school in the morning & DH picks them up. School breaks & summer, my oldest (almost 14) babysits for $$, but I'm right downstairs. When they were younger, my parents helped watch them.
  • mumsy2three
    June 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I work 730-3 Monday-Friday (during the school year).

My husband works 6pm-6am every other Sat and every Sun-Tues.

No need for daycare anymore, one of ours has already graduated from high school the other two are going into 6th and 3rd. They go to my MIL's in the morning to get on the bus.

• andrea96
    June 23, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Our official hours are M-F 8-5, but I usually work 7:45ish to 4:45ish to miss the worst of the afternoon traffic. During the school year, I drop the kids off at school, and they attend YMCA after school at their elementary. During school holidays and summer, they attend the YMCA day camp; I always do drop-off. My husband usually picks them up after work, but I sometimes do, depending on schedules, usually between 5:10 & 5:30. After next school year, my oldest will be in middle school, so that will probably change things.

• Ilaynasmommy
    June 23, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    I workk 60+ hrs a wk. We have a 4 yr old and almost 3 mos old. Dh is a sahd
  • flutter523
    June 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM
    Starting in September ill be back to work M-F 8-3. SO works 4am-9am. My mom has agreed to watch the boys at her house for the few hours we'll need in the mornings M, W, & F. My aunt will come to my house T & Th to watch them.
  • orangerze
    June 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM
    I work Tuesday 4-2am. Wed-Fri 9:30pm-7:30am.

DH works Mon-Fri 8-5. Kids go to grandmas during the day so I can sleep and we pay her 100 a week. I have 2 kids.
  • trfgirl56701
    June 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I work 7a-3p M-F. DH works 11p-7a M-F. I drop off and pick up DS from my inlaw's.

• MayMommy07
    June 24, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    DH usually works sun-thu 8-4:30 and I work 9-3 during the school year. I get our DD on/off the bus each day! I don't have a set schedule as far as days off durin the school year. I am off in the summer m/w, my mom is off t/sun, and DH off fri/sat. So it only leaves thu for a childcare issue and I have a great friend who is a teacher who helps me out!

Working Moms