Working Moms

the3Rs
Done and Done!!
by the3Rs
June 22, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I just finished ordering all of the birthday gifts I'll need for my soon to be 14 year old & my soon to be 7 year old :). Their birthdays are in about 2 weeks. Can I say I love Amazon?!?

Replies

• Marti123
    June 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    YaY!!!
  • calsmom62
    June 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    I'm curious about your gift choice for your 14 yr old. Shopping for my ds 14 is difficult, beyond gamestop and itunes cards. Well he does want Dr dre headphones but that isn't happening.
  • the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    June 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    It was really tough. He gave me NO ideas except 1 PC game. So, I went with two "themes":

-Update your teen room
    -Extend the value of your Kindle Fire

For the room which is black/silver/dark red:
    -New bedspread (his is worn and holy due to the dog's claws)
    -New, hip red desk lamp
    -New lounge chair for watching TV, hanging out, whatever

For the Kindle Fire
    -A red/black alarm clock & Kindle docking station with speakers
    -An anti-glare screen protector (he complains when he can't see it in the sun)
    -The Kane Chronicles (set of 3 books delivered to his Kindle)

Plus, I got him the one PC game he asked for. I'm also giving him cash.

Quoting calsmom62:

I'm curious about your gift choice for your 14 yr old. Shopping for my ds 14 is difficult, beyond gamestop and itunes cards. Well he does want Dr dre headphones but that isn't happening.
  • calsmom62
    June 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    That's clever!!!! Way to go mom!!!
  • mumsy2three
    June 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Awesome!

• adamsmom0116
    June 23, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    Wow, that's a nice birthday gift! Now I feel like a tightwad! We cap birthdays at $50 per kid.

Quoting the3Rs:

It was really tough. He gave me NO ideas except 1 PC game. So, I went with two "themes":

-Update your teen room

-Extend the value of your Kindle Fire

For the room which is black/silver/dark red:

-New bedspread (his is worn and holy due to the dog's claws)

-New, hip red desk lamp

-New lounge chair for watching TV, hanging out, whatever

For the Kindle Fire

-A red/black alarm clock & Kindle docking station with speakers

-An anti-glare screen protector (he complains when he can't see it in the sun)

-The Kane Chronicles (set of 3 books delivered to his Kindle)

Plus, I got him the one PC game he asked for. I'm also giving him cash.

Quoting calsmom62:

• DivaKim
    by DivaKim
    June 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    Dre beats on eBay. My daughter is an avid eBay bidder. She earned the money herself and purchased two pair brand new. One pair for $50 the other pair for $52.50.

Quoting calsmom62:

• calsmom62
    June 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    Thanks. In best buy they were $200.

Quoting DivaKim:

Dre beats on eBay. My daughter is an avid eBay bidder. She earned the money herself and purchased two pair brand new. One pair for $50 the other pair for $52.50.

Quoting calsmom62:

• DivaKim
    by DivaKim
    June 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    I know we looked everywhere, even on the pawn shops. They were still over $100 there and had been used.
    She had to bid on the two pairs she bought - one for herself and the other for her cousin for her birthday.
    eBay is really easy if you have never used it. We use it quite often and have never had a problem.

Quoting calsmom62:

Thanks. In best buy they were $200.

Quoting DivaKim:

Quoting calsmom62:

• Ilaynasmommy
    June 23, 2013 at 8:49 PM
    Yay! I love amazon! Especially the super saver shipping.

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN