Working Moms

deccaf
Happy Food
by deccaf
April 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM
What is your happy food? I just had sushi for the 3rd time this week. Yep, sushi is my happy food.

Replies

• christyg
    April 5, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Sadly .... PB&J :)

Its gotta be soft white bread, creamy peanut butter, and strawberry jelly. Really, is there anything better???

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    April 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Quoting christyg:

Its gotta be soft white bread, creamy peanut butter, and strawberry jelly. Really, is there anything better???

I cannot eat pb& j. I will gladly make it for anyone in my house, but cannot eat it.

When I was little, I hadn't eaten my sandwich at school. I also didn't throw it away for some reason. I got off the school bus and tossed it in the tall weeds in front of the house (I lived in the country). Little did I know that there was a parent watching and that parent made me go get the sandwich (which I had taken out of a tupperware container, not had in plastic wrap) from the weeds, and I had to eat that for dinner. I havne't eaten pb&j since.

• adamsmom0116
    April 5, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting christyg:

I cannot eat pb& j. I will gladly make it for anyone in my house, but cannot eat it.

When I was little, I hadn't eaten my sandwich at school. I also didn't throw it away for some reason. I got off the school bus and tossed it in the tall weeds in front of the house (I lived in the country). Little did I know that there was a parent watching and that parent made me go get the sandwich (which I had taken out of a tupperware container, not had in plastic wrap) from the weeds, and I had to eat that for dinner. I havne't eaten pb&j since.

That seems kind of harsh punishment for tossing a sandwich!

• adamsmom0116
    April 5, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Chocolate. Anything chocolate. I know, boring.

And potato chips. I can munch those bad boys down like there's no tomorrow!

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    April 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting christyg:

That seems kind of harsh punishment for tossing a sandwich!

My parents were strict and we were poor. You didn't waste food at my house. I probably was a little harsh, and not something I would do to my daughter, but I never did it again. In high school, my sister brought home 6 lunches. Why she didn't throw them out, I have no idea. She tossed them into the burn pile and didn't cover them well. They were found and she was grounded 1 month for each lunch.
  • Marti123
    April 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Cheese, when not pregnant I love cheese.

But really almost ALL food makes me happy; I am a pretty big foodie, there are very few entrees and things that I don't like.

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    April 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM

All food

• flutter523
    April 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    Mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, and sweets
  • mickstinator
    April 6, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    Mashed potatoes, definitely. Mmm!
  • MsMimna
    by MsMimna
    April 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Growing up it was instant mashed potatoes with lots of butter....everyday after school I came home and fixed a big bowl....I also was a bigger girl and ate away my loneliness. Today I have a hard time eating any potatoes at all. Unless they come in a bag with the name Lays on the front....lol......but I do try to keep that at a very minimum because we all know you can't eat just one !!! :)

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN