Working Moms

cryzmom
summer plans ???
by cryzmom
February 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I am a pre-school teacher & for the 1st time i will have the summer off, usually my school does a summer camp, but it's just not "cost-effective" for my boss to do it so, this summer we will be closed. I have worked here 4 the past 7 years & never had a summer off, kinda lookin' forward 2 the break & re-charging 4 the fall.....not looking forward to the loss of income 4 the summer :( Anyone else in the same boat??

How many weeks do you work out of the summer?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 12% - none, i'm off all summer :)
  2. 3% - 1-3 weeks
  3. 0% - 4-6 weeks
  4. 3% - 7-9 weeks
  5. 81% - the whole summer, I'm not off @ all :(

Replies

• calsmom62
    February 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    We usually take a week off to go on a family trip and I take a second week to take the scouts to camp.
  • M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    February 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    It's hard to answer this because summer is longer than 9 weeks for the kids. I do work but I usually take either one chunk of time or days here and there.
  • leahbeah143
    February 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I might take a few days off here and there, but DD will probably be with her dad this summer

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    February 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I usually take 2 weeks off during the summer.  We typically go camping either in a tent or a cabin.  Last year was the first year in a pop-up camper - which was NO easier than tenting - so probably won't do that again.

• mickstinator
    February 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM

i don't have a job that grants time off for the summer, although i will be taking a week off to visit family in south carolina.

• 2curly
    by 2curly
    February 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM

We are taking a week off to go down the beach, but that is it.  

• virginiamama71
    February 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I work all summer but will take 2 weeks at different times to go to the beach, camping or something else.

• flutter523
    February 23, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    Working summer school is optional and I usually work but this year with a new baby ill be staying home
  • MaryanneMac
    February 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I'm taking two weeks off this summer.

• mumsy2three
    February 23, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I'm off all summer. My salary is divided by 12 months instead of the 9 that we work, so it doesn't change our finances.

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts