Working Moms

cryzmom
summer plans ???
by cryzmom
February 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I am a pre-school teacher & for the 1st time i will have the summer off, usually my school does a summer camp, but it's just not "cost-effective" for my boss to do it so, this summer we will be closed. I have worked here 4 the past 7 years & never had a summer off, kinda lookin' forward 2 the break & re-charging 4 the fall.....not looking forward to the loss of income 4 the summer :( Anyone else in the same boat??

How many weeks do you work out of the summer?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 12% - none, i'm off all summer :)
  2. 3% - 1-3 weeks
  3. 0% - 4-6 weeks
  4. 3% - 7-9 weeks
  5. 81% - the whole summer, I'm not off @ all :(

Replies

• calsmom62
    February 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    We usually take a week off to go on a family trip and I take a second week to take the scouts to camp.
  • M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    February 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    It's hard to answer this because summer is longer than 9 weeks for the kids. I do work but I usually take either one chunk of time or days here and there.
  • leahbeah143
    February 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I might take a few days off here and there, but DD will probably be with her dad this summer

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    February 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I usually take 2 weeks off during the summer.  We typically go camping either in a tent or a cabin.  Last year was the first year in a pop-up camper - which was NO easier than tenting - so probably won't do that again.

• mickstinator
    February 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM

i don't have a job that grants time off for the summer, although i will be taking a week off to visit family in south carolina.

• 2curly
    by 2curly
    February 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM

We are taking a week off to go down the beach, but that is it.  

• virginiamama71
    February 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I work all summer but will take 2 weeks at different times to go to the beach, camping or something else.

• flutter523
    February 23, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    Working summer school is optional and I usually work but this year with a new baby ill be staying home
  • MaryanneMac
    February 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I'm taking two weeks off this summer.

• mumsy2three
    February 23, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I'm off all summer. My salary is divided by 12 months instead of the 9 that we work, so it doesn't change our finances.

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN