Working Moms

deccaf
Yep, the Gov't is right in everything. (Class content vent)
by deccaf
February 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I am listening to a lecture for my women's health class.  This class seems to be touting how right the government is in the way they manage our healthcare, regardless of what the individual wants.

Examples:

1. Everyone needs vaccines, no mention of reasons not to.  Now, I am provaccine, I have given DD all but the flu shot.  I may delay a couple due to potential interaction and my family history of reaction, but she gets them.

2. If the government tells you that something is good, it must be good.  No mention of how the government has pushed harmful things on us in the past, knowingly or not.

Just a couple examples.  This is the same class that basically nullified my parenting decisions, such as baby wearing, etc.

Replies

• mickstinator
    February 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM

That is a terrible mindset. Everything has the potential to be corrupt. Trust no one fully. That would really bother me, too.

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    February 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM

This woman really has no business doing a recorded lecture, either.  She has too many speech patterns that are distracting and seems to not be able to really read her notes as there are long pauses where she appears to be trying to figure out what the word is.

• DawnPratt23
    February 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    Sadly that is what our kids are learning. :( if they could only take a true American history class, they'd learn that isn't always true.
  • iansmommy9
    February 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I think it's important thar as parents, we are diligent and make sure our kids are exposed to different viewpoints and real history.  

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Sadly that is what our kids are learning. :( if they could only take a true American history class, they'd learn that isn't always true.

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts