Working Moms

the3Rs
Volunteering?
by the3Rs
February 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Just wondering if any of you working moms have a regular volunteering gig as well.  I'm considering it, but can't decide what I'd like to do.

Replies

• trfgirl56701
    February 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Bump I've thought about voluteering but haven't looked into it more

• PeaceLoveZ
    February 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I used to do soooo much volunteering but I don't have the time anymore. I would like to but, it's just not realistic with my schedule the way it is. I volunteered with the Boy Scouts for like 13-14 years. I also did alot of volunteer work with my mothers employer, Time Warner Cable for years and years. I wanted to volunteer at an abortion clinic but like I said I just don't have the time anymore.

• andrea96
    February 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I am the secretary for the local chapter of one of my alumni associations. I finally got around to joining my other local alumni association this year, and they do several volunteer projects, so I'm planning to get involved with those, too. Previously, I was treasurer of the PTA at my kids' school.

• adamsmom0116
    February 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I just took on the gig of treasurer for the boy scout pack that my son is in. I also help out with various things at his school as my schedule allows. Between working 8-5, and having 4 kids at home, there's not much free time. Seems like we have at least one EC every evening, and usually 2 or 3.

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    February 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM

When I have time, I will.  That is looking like it will be next year.  I should finish my degree in December, so that will free up a lot of time.

• leahbeah143
    February 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I would love to if I had more time ~ I would probably work at a shelter working with the animals.

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    February 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I volunteer as a coach for basketball and softball (2 teams at the same time).  I volunteer as the Coach Coordinator for our Little League board.  I volunteer as the Box Tops Coordinator for their school (and have been for 4 years). 

I also do volunteering here and there for their school and PTA when I can.

• MansfieldMama
    February 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM

My sons and I volunteer at the church's food pantry on Friday's during the summer, and we visit an assisted living home weekly throughout the year.

• campingmomof4
    February 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I don't have kids at home any longer.   All 4 of mine are adults.  I did all kinds of volunteer stuff when the kids where younger.   Team mom for every sport you can think of.   I was on the PTA.   I was a sunday school teacher.   I was a girl scout leader for years and did every level.   I was gs cookie chairman.   I was a home room mom many times.  I went on many field trips.   I helped at boyscouts and cubscouts.   I helped with band, choir, the school musical, etc.    I walked in many parades also for different things. 

Now I am glad to volunteer in adult things.  I am a member of the Ladies Auxiliary to the VFW.  I have been president, junior vp, treasure, a few other postions.   I am an active Blue Star mother.  

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    February 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I did Cub Scouts for a while until his pack closed. Now I help with wrestling. I would love to volunteer more but there just isn't enough time.

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN