• 1 cup Green Peppers, chopped
  • 2 large Beets or 1 can of Beets, diced
  • 1 cup of Baby Carrots
  • 2 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1-1 1/2 lbs of stew beef
  • 2 (6 oz) cans Tomato Paste
  • 1 Tablespoon Paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper

You can prepare this the night before and put it in the fridge. When ready to cook, put all ingredients in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. If you'd like more sauce, you can add water or beef broth to the slow cooker before cooking. Serve with noodles and sour cream, if desired. 

Will you try this recipe? How often do you use your slow cooker?

One member who replies to this post will win a CafeMom Coffee Mug.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the 'Working Moms Slow Cooker' Challenge yet, you can do so here.

Recipe from http://www.mamaandbabylove.com
Photo from  http://livelearnloveeat.com/

Official Rules

• The Working Moms Slow Cooker giveaway starts 1/18/2013 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 1/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Coffee Mug
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/7/2013.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

Replies

• happymommy1105
    January 18, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    This one is not for our family. I can see my 7 year old crying about it now.

Sounds interesting though.
  • wandep
    by wandep
    January 18, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Yes, it looks good but how would you get a picky eater to even try this one?? LOL I don't think my family would like it. 

• MamaBear2cubs
    January 18, 2013 at 8:26 AM

We do this all the time! It's cheap and yummy.

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    January 18, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    Not me. But I love my crock pot
  • mommieofII
    January 18, 2013 at 8:30 AM

So funny I see someone elase calling this goulash.... My bf is the first person I ever heard calling it this... I call it Johnny Marzetti....But its yummy either way you call it :)

• Remsmom
    by Remsmom
    January 18, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I would try this, but I might tweek it a little to our liking. First I would not put beets in it. Second does 1-1.5 lbs of beef stew mean stew meat or cans of beef stew?

I use our slow cooker every other week, but would love to use it more. It makes our evenings go so much faster.

• cadeesmommy0120
    January 18, 2013 at 8:31 AM

My grandma used to make goulash when I was a kid and I HATED it.  But as an adult I think I would like it.  I'd skip the beets though...

ETA-I have a portion of beef chuck roast that I need to use...Do y'all think I could just chop it up and use it instead of the stew? 

• Kharmoni
    January 18, 2013 at 8:33 AM

This is actually one of my favorite dishes. I use my slow cooker a few times a week, especially to make homemade applesauce.

• jerzeetomato
    January 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I use my slow cooker at least weekly.  I'll probably give this a go.  My DD is usually willing to give just about anything a try.

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    January 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    I wouldn't because only ds and I would eat it

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email