Working Moms

MixedCooke
If your SO made enough, would you be a stay-at-home Mom?
December 7, 2012 at 5:22 AM

I dont think I couold.  What about you?

Replies

• christaberk
    December 7, 2012 at 5:30 AM
    He does make enough. I still work.

I love my girls. I love being a mommy. I work so I can provide the "extras" for my family. Nice gifts. Gymnastics. Dinners out. Annual passes to our favorite amusement park. Without income, we wouldn't have any extras.
  • WonderWomanSV
    December 7, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I would only stay hom b/c I don't want stragners taking care of my babies. My husband is a SAHD.

But I would work part time so I could get out of the house.

• CampClan
    December 7, 2012 at 6:58 AM
    YES! I don't have a SO right now but if I was in a committed relationship & had the ability I definitely would! My youngest is 3 & I think being the one to teacher him all his kindergarten readiness stuff should be completely my doing- not the preschool/daycare he attends. And I feel guilty because I can not be there after school when my older kids come home. I want to spend more than 3 hours after school before bed time with them!
  • the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    December 7, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    I would probably work part time. I wouldn't want to completely remove myself from the workforce in case something happened to DH. A lot harder to get back into working when needed if you've been out of work for a long time.
  • cubbies23
    December 7, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I would probably work. My kids are in school all day so I would try to find something that works around their school schedule. Be home on days off and only work a few days a week during the summer.

• adamsmom0116
    December 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Nope, working helps keep me sane.

• Marti123
    December 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM
    He'd have to be really really wealthy to the point where'd I'd never need to return to the work force and we would have copious amounts of extra spending cash to keep me busy. Otherwise, nope, too boring and too damaging to my career.
  • rissarin
    December 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM
    I don't think I'd work as much, but I'd probably still work some. At least a part time job.
  • andrea96
    December 7, 2012 at 9:56 AM

He already does, so no. I have considered maybe going to part-time and doing some contract work when my daughter goes to middle school in about a year and a half.

• janitablue
    December 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I agreed.

Quoting the3Rs:

I would probably work part time. I wouldn't want to completely remove myself from the workforce in case something happened to DH. A lot harder to get back into working when needed if you've been out of work for a long time.

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts