Working Moms

Nighttiger
New shoes
November 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM

We went to the Sketchers outlet yesterday and everybody got new shoes. I needed them for running, DH needed them because his were falling apart, and DS needed to go from an 8 to a 9 (we found 10's on sale as well). I went running today and its SO nice to have new running shoes.

When was the last time you bought new shoes?

Replies

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    November 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I bought new shoes last night.  1 pair of good tennis shoes.  1 pair of sexy black heels.  We buy shoes as needed, usually once or twice a year.  We all have different shoes for different things.  Everyday shoes, working out shoes, dressing up shoes.  They last longer when you have shoes with each purpose.  Wearing your everyday shoes to workout can actually damage your feet, b/c they get too worn in and dont' offer the support they should anymore.

• leahbeah143
    November 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I bought some cute Skechers flip flops on clearance a few months ago.

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    November 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I bought new running shoes in June.

• Nighttiger
    November 19, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Yeah, this is my third pair of running shoes this year! I try to replace them either every 3 months or when they start to look worn down. I was slacking on my last pair though and needed new ones badly! I don't want to damage my knees. I do cheat though and once the running shoes are worn down, I actually use them as my every day shoes because they usually have life left in them...just not pavement pounding 7 MPH life in them :) So, when the 3 months is up, my old workout become my everyday and I get new workout. Then 3 months later same thing :)

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I bought new shoes last night.  1 pair of good tennis shoes.  1 pair of sexy black heels.  We buy shoes as needed, usually once or twice a year.  We all have different shoes for different things.  Everyday shoes, working out shoes, dressing up shoes.  They last longer when you have shoes with each purpose.  Wearing your everyday shoes to workout can actually damage your feet, b/c they get too worn in and dont' offer the support they should anymore.

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    November 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I bought new boots when my old ones started falling apart.  They usually last 6-9 months since I wear them nearly every day.  I hate the new boots.  I also need new pumps since the puppy decided my old ones tasted good.

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    November 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM

My DH bought me a pair for my birthday back in April.  I haven't bought any for myself in years.

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    November 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM

That's how DH does it.  I end up with a smattering of shoes for various things, though.  Semi casual, workout, running errands, etc.  My workout shoes tend to last forever, since I can't do high impact workouts.

Quoting Nighttiger:

Yeah, this is my third pair of running shoes this year! I try to replace them either every 3 months or when they start to look worn down. I was slacking on my last pair though and needed new ones badly! I don't want to damage my knees. I do cheat though and once the running shoes are worn down, I actually use them as my every day shoes because they usually have life left in them...just not pavement pounding 7 MPH life in them :) So, when the 3 months is up, my old workout become my everyday and I get new workout. Then 3 months later same thing :)

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

• mumsy2three
    November 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I bought new sneakers about 2 weeks ago.

I really need to find new shoes to wear to work but can't find anything that I like.

• jamberrypie
    November 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM

In the last few months, I've bought a ton of new shoes - mostly from Payless.  I started a new job that requires that I dress more nicely, and I didn't have those types of shoes in my existing collection, so had to do something about that.

• flutter523
    November 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    I don't even remember its been that long. My right foot has a bunion (at least I think thus what it is since it looks just like my moms and that's what she has). So my foot is extra wide and I can't find shows I like that fit well.

Working Moms