Working Moms

Marti123
It's a Monday
November 19, 2012 at 9:03 AM
And my children were royal messes this morning. Malachi just woke up tantruming. And my ODS, decided he was "never" going to wear socks again, "ever" and had quite the breakdown when I told him that he could not wear his flip-flops. Haha!!

How do your kids do after the week-end?? And let's not forget all the hyperactivity about the Holiday?

Replies

• trfgirl56701
    November 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM

The only thing different on the weekends at our house is that I usually give up fighting with ds on taking a nap. By the time bedtime rolls around we're both exhausted :(

• leahbeah143
    November 19, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I don't see dd in the mornings, I leave for work long before she gets up. My parents have to deal with her >insert evil laugh<

• rissarin
    November 19, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    My daughter was/is fairly whiny this morning. :(
  • trfgirl56701
    November 19, 2012 at 9:33 AM

My mil is the one that gets to deal with ds in the morning during the week. I take him over there but he's usually still sleeping when I drop him off.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I don't see dd in the mornings, I leave for work long before she gets up. My parents have to deal with her >insert evil laugh<

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    November 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Well, DD is only 2 and doesn't really get that this week is any different.  She had a pretty good morning, considering she didn't sleep too well.

• mickstinator
    November 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM

haha. oh, man. those mornings are the worst! 

monday is nice because i only have to wake one kid up. husband takes care of my 4 year old. he's the hard one in the morning. i get my 2 year old dressed and ready for daycare, but he loves school so usually he's no problem. 

• TS9509
    by TS9509
    November 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    My youngest ds never wants to get up and says he hates school and daycare and never wants to go again. We always have a fight over what he's wearing. I'm accustom to it at this point and just say ok and when I pick him up from daycare after work its always better.
  • Marti123
    November 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    Taking a step back, it is totally haha moment. The 5 year old looked hilarious. Standing there in a hat, his down winter coat, underarmor shirt & his monster truck t on top. he was wearing a pair of "high-water" khakis that he had pulled out of the "too-small" bin, and flip-flops. I was disappointed it is against school policy to let him go like that. He had obviously worked somewhat hard to pull "the look" together, so I wanted him to experience the day wearing his ensemble, lol. But, he finally reluctantly decided to rock sock-less tennis shoes and I managed to switch to a lighter jacket as well. It was too funny.

Quoting mickstinator:

monday is nice because i only have to wake one kid up. husband takes care of my 4 year old. he's the hard one in the morning. i get my 2 year old dressed and ready for daycare, but he loves school so usually he's no problem. 

• mickstinator
    November 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM

It's so funny how they can be so particular about their clothes. My 4 year old HATES wearing jeans. He gives me hell when I try to make him. Then, he is picky about his jackets. It HAS to have a hood. His light jacket does, but his heavy one doesn't. If he has to wear a beanie, it HAS to be his spiderman one and not any other. That child takes longer to get ready than I do. lol!

Quoting Marti123:

Taking a step back, it is totally haha moment. The 5 year old looked hilarious. Standing there in a hat, his down winter coat, underarmor shirt & his monster truck t on top. he was wearing a pair of "high-water" khakis that he had pulled out of the "too-small" bin, and flip-flops. I was disappointed it is against school policy to let him go like that. He had obviously worked somewhat hard to pull "the look" together, so I wanted him to experience the day wearing his ensemble, lol. But, he finally reluctantly decided to rock sock-less tennis shoes and I managed to switch to a lighter jacket as well. It was too funny.

Quoting mickstinator:

• flutter523
    November 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM
    DS was actually pretty good this morning. I hate mornings though bc I feel so rushed. I just wish he'd sleep all night instead of waking me up 2-4 times :0/
    But he is acting normal again after an ear infection last week. His teacher said he was extra bouncy today lol

Working Moms