Working Moms

mickstinator
10 things about you
November 16, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Let's do a post to get to know each other a little bit. 

Tell me 10 interesting facts about you! 

Replies

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    November 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM

LOL - I have an irrational hatred of even numbers!  (not even kidding :) )

Quoting eatyourveges:

1. I have two birth certificates.  I was born in Sydney Australia and have one from the Australian Government and one from the US Consulate in Sydney.  No dual citizenship though, since both of my parents are US Citizens.

2. I have an irrational hatred of odd numbers. 

3. One of my favorite sandwiches is white bread, miracle whip, american cheese and bread/butter pickles.

4. After I graduated college I lived in a tent on the side of "Monkey Face Mountain" (that's actually what it is called) and dressed up like a wench for a living.

5. Between my kids (both boys lol) we own four pairs of fancy wings and three pairs of play wings.

6. I used to have two pet ferrets named Fred and George.  <--Harry Potter junkie.

7. I was a bridal seamstress for five years and have recently started doing freelance alterations on the side.

8. I own three crock-pots.  I had four but my husband declared that it was ridiculous and gave one to my sister.  I use all of them.

9. I also own two salad shooters.  One in the kitchen and one in the basement in case that one breaks.  I would be lost without my salad shooter.

10. I started a blog and haven't told anybody about it because I want to get it going for a bit before showing everybody.

• leahbeah143
    November 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Quoting eatyourveges:

2. I have an irrational hatred of odd numbers.  Me too!! I thought I was the only one lole

6. I used to have two pet ferrets named Fred and George.  <--Harry Potter junkie. I got my first ferret when I was 10, her name was Cinnamon. I love ferrets, they sure stink but their cuteness totally makes up for it!

10. I started a blog and haven't told anybody about it because I want to get it going for a bit before showing everybody.  you know you're going to have to tell us now :-P

• mickstinator
    November 17, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Quoting eatyourveges:

1. I have two birth certificates.  I was born in Sydney Australia and have one from the Australian Government and one from the US Consulate in Sydney.  No dual citizenship though, since both of my parents are US Citizens.

2. I have an irrational hatred of odd numbers. 

3. One of my favorite sandwiches is white bread, miracle whip, american cheese and bread/butter pickles.

4. After I graduated college I lived in a tent on the side of "Monkey Face Mountain" (that's actually what it is called) and dressed up like a wench for a living.

5. Between my kids (both boys lol) we own four pairs of fancy wings and three pairs of play wings.

6. I used to have two pet ferrets named Fred and George.  <--Harry Potter junkie.

7. I was a bridal seamstress for five years and have recently started doing freelance alterations on the side.

8. I own three crock-pots.  I had four but my husband declared that it was ridiculous and gave one to my sister.  I use all of them.

9. I also own two salad shooters.  One in the kitchen and one in the basement in case that one breaks.  I would be lost without my salad shooter.

10. I started a blog and haven't told anybody about it because I want to get it going for a bit before showing everybody.

I did the same with my blog! I had it over 6 months before anyone knew about it. 

• mickstinator
    November 17, 2012 at 12:08 PM

these are great! i love getting to know you guys!

• eatyourveges
    November 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    Quoting leahbeah143:

lol true. Www.projectsupermomma.blogspot.com

Let me know what you think :-)
  • Marti123
    November 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    1. I do not kill spiders in the house; if possible we capture them and relocate them to their home outdoors.

2. I find the sound of a heartbeat soothing and fascinating.

3. Seeing my DSs in cute clothes puts a smile on my face every time! Gymboree, Janie & Jack clothes are my fave.

4. My free-range, organic heirloom turkey was just delivered for us to eat around Thanksgiving and I am super excited about it!

5. I have read well over 25 books on parenting & discipline, trying succeed as a mother and meet my DSs needs.

6. I gained over 90 pounds with my first pregnancy, (mostly fluid) and was sooooo swollen, My face looked like Fiona the ogre on Shrek.

7. I have 100's of glitters, sprinkles, and supplies to decorate cookies, but hardly ever use them at all, since having the boys.

8. I hope to get a bike for Christmas so we can start riding as a family on the bike trails in our area.

9. I have many cultural family traditions that revolve around food, including making turkey ravioli for Thanksgiving, cioppino on Christmas Eve, struffoli and fig cookies for Cristmas day, many many more!!

10. I am a total animal lover!!

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    November 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    Congrats on making it thru! ((HUGS))

Quoting eatyourveges:

Me too. *hugs*

Quoting Babujai:

1.  I have a face full of freckles, but I only had one when I was born.

2.  I'm a 1st generation American.  My parents are from Jamaica and England.

3.  I am a domestic abuse survivor.

4.  I was a valedictorian of my 8th grade class.

5.  I started college pre-med, but changed my mind half-way through when I realized that I don't like people...especially sick people.

6.  I write poetry and short stories.

7.  I don't wear yellow or orange because they make me look jaundiced.

8.  When I was little my daddy called me Egghead Jr (like the Looney Toons character).  I thought it was because I had a big head and wore glasses but he told my husband it was because I was so serious, smart and mature for my age.

9.  I sang back up for a Christian Rap group in college.

10. I can't spell worth a damn!  Spell check is my best friend.

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    November 17, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    Thanks!

Quoting Marti123:

You are an inspiration as a survivor. Some never break that cycle. Awesome for you, it takes a strong character!

Quoting Babujai:

1.  I have a face full of freckles, but I only had one when I was born.

2.  I'm a 1st generation American.  My parents are from Jamaica and England.

3.  I am a domestic abuse survivor.

4.  I was a valedictorian of my 8th grade class.

5.  I started college pre-med, but changed my mind half-way through when I realized that I don't like people...especially sick people.

6.  I write poetry and short stories.

7.  I don't wear yellow or orange because they make me look jaundiced.

8.  When I was little my daddy called me Egghead Jr (like the Looney Toons character).  I thought it was because I had a big head and wore glasses but he told my husband it was because I was so serious, smart and mature for my age.

9.  I sang back up for a Christian Rap group in college.

10. I can't spell worth a damn!  Spell check is my best friend.

• gottaluvabug
    November 17, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    1. I had my first child this year, at 32. She is a beautiful baby girl.
    2. My brother's ex MIL watches my daughter while I am at work. I know it seems weird, but we don't actually kick people out or my family. Once you're in, you're stuck.
    3. My SO's baby pictures look almost identical to mine. This means our daughter is almost a clone :)
    4. I spent three years in CO (i grew up in New york) after graduation. This is when I found myself and learned to take care of myself.
    5. I survive each day with social anxiety disorder without medication. I am afraid of most social interactions but with the help of my SO I am getting better.
    6. I think its fun to watch scary movies and try to guess who will go next. Not to be morbid, but they are just that unimaginative.
    7. I love to read. I will read almost any thing.
    8. I have been caught singing in the car (by the car next to me), in the shower, and while cleaning my house (by the Fed ex guy). And still I will sing at every chance.
    9. I took accounting classes at the university of Phoenix. I have my associates and half of my bachelor's.
    10. My name is Brandy and yes I was named after the "Looking Glass" song.
  • leahbeah143
    November 17, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Quoting eatyourveges:

Quoting leahbeah143:

lol true. Www.projectsupermomma.blogspot.com

Let me know what you think :-)

I love it!!! I love seeing all your projects and that canvas picture is totally on my list of things to try!

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts