Working Moms

mickstinator
10 things about you
November 16, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Let's do a post to get to know each other a little bit. 

Tell me 10 interesting facts about you! 

Replies

• mickstinator
    November 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Quoting KLynneH:

What part of Texas are you from? I am near San Antonio

I live between Dallas and Denton. I grew up in Houston, though. 

• MansfieldMama
    November 19, 2012 at 1:13 PM

1. I have been happily married for 18 years.

2. I worked as a Hooters bartender for 3 years.

4. I love teaching AP English at a low-income, inner-city school.  

5. Being Catholic is a huge part of who I am.

6. I have two very interesting, well-behaved boys (ages 8 and almost 15).

7. I live on a small farm in Texas, and we have had goats, chickens, fish, dogs, cats, turtles, duvkd and rabbits, but currently we only have one dog and one pig (other than a stock pond with fish and turtles).

8. We recently discovered we have an underground cave system on our property with bats living in them.  There are holes on the surface, and bats fly out each night.  It's super cool!

9. I don't eat much meat, and hate green vegetables.  I'm a bean and starch kind of girl.

10.  I'm very small (4'11", and 93 pounds), but very strong - emotionally, not so strong physically.

• mom2boys664
    November 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    1. I have twice become a stepmother to two young boys.

2. I was married for 10 years before conceiving my son.

3. I have a culinary degree but never cook.

4. I am a bit of a workaholic and I love my career

5. I moved 13 times before graduating from high school

6. In the last two years I have divorced, left my job of 13 yrs, moved 650 miles away and remarried to a man I dated in high school

7. I hate ranch dressing

8. I can't stand to get manicures, pedicures, or anything that involves strangers touching me. But I am very affectionate with my family and friends.

9. I am a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution, I am the direct descendent of a soldier who fought in the Revolutionary War.

10. I am a raging conservative and I love Ann Coulter.
  • mrsshelton_2
    November 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM

1) I work nights. I have a love/hate relationship with it.

2) I hate to clean house. HATE IT. Thankfully, my husband is a SAHD and does the majority.

3) I also hate to cook, but the kids and hubby have to be fed, so...

4) I love Harry Potter. I am a total HP dork and so is the hubs and my 2 year old DD.

5) I can't do math do save my life. My husband tries to teach me random mathy things, but it makes my head want to explode.

6) I'm a CNA and absolutely love my job and my coworkers. Except that one.

7) I loved both times I was pregnant, even though I had HORRIBLE hyperactive all day and night sickness from about 4 weeks til I gave birth each time. Zofran was my best friend during those months.

8) I have two tattoos, and want about 589 more. Fucking love them.

9) I think mac and cheese is absolutely disgusting.

10) My daughters (ages 2 and 10 months) are the coolest people I know. Seriously.

• CorpCityGrl
    November 20, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I thought I was the only one!  I'm SO not a fan of it either.

Quoting mom2boys664:

7. I hate ranch dressing

• mickstinator
    November 20, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Quoting mom2boys664:

1. I have twice become a stepmother to two young boys.

2. I was married for 10 years before conceiving my son.

3. I have a culinary degree but never cook.

4. I am a bit of a workaholic and I love my career

5. I moved 13 times before graduating from high school

6. In the last two years I have divorced, left my job of 13 yrs, moved 650 miles away and remarried to a man I dated in high school

7. I hate ranch dressing

8. I can't stand to get manicures, pedicures, or anything that involves strangers touching me. But I am very affectionate with my family and friends.

9. I am a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution, I am the direct descendent of a soldier who fought in the Revolutionary War.

10. I am a raging conservative and I love Ann Coulter.

I have a friend who is also a member. Her great grandpa (however many greats ago is appropriate) was a general in the Revolutionary War. Pretty neato! 

My ancestors came over on one of the first ships after the Mayflower. They were wealthy aristocrats. I'd like to know where all that wealth went since then...haha!

Working Moms