Working Moms

mickstinator
I have got to stop...
November 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Eating my whole lunch before 1030! 

I've been trying to bring a healthier lunch of little snacks like sun chips and broccoli and greek yogurt. I just keep eating it all before lunch is even here! I'm dying by 4 with the munchies! 

I'm eying my banana, but since I already ate my chips and yogurt and it's only 9:45, I think I'll wait until at least 11 to start on it. haha!

Replies

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    November 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Do you eat breakfast?  Usually oatmeal keeps me full.

• mickstinator
    November 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Quoting M4LG5:

Do you eat breakfast?  Usually oatmeal keeps me full.

that's what gets me! i usually like to eat the yogurt for breakfast and then i just keep going with the rest of my lunch. ha.

i used to eat breakfast at home/on the way in. i can't eat yogurt in the car, so i wait longer to eat. i think that's where my problem lies. 

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    November 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I do the same thing!  Maybe bring more.  The broccoli should be more filling, so bring more of that, and some other fiber-rich foods.  Like carrots, etc.

• mickstinator
    November 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Quoting deccaf:

I do the same thing!  Maybe bring more.  The broccoli should be more filling, so bring more of that, and some other fiber-rich foods.  Like carrots, etc.

i think i'm going to start buying more. i have been rationing it throughout the week so it doesn't run out. apparently i like it more than i realized. ; )

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    November 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Boiled eggs can be made the night before and eaten in the car if you peel them at home.

• mickstinator
    November 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Quoting deccaf:

Boiled eggs can be made the night before and eaten in the car if you peel them at home.

i forgot about boiled eggs! i used to bring those pretty regularly, too. thanks for the reminder! definitely going to boil some up.

• Marti123
    November 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    Ahh, it is hard being hungry!

I just bring 4-5 tiny snacks and eat like every 3 hours.
  • CorpCityGrl
    November 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Try to eat breakfast...maybe even a little something at home shortly after you wake up because you may be waiting too long to eat.

Also, bring more protein-packed snacks.  Hard-boiled eggs, peanute butter, oatmeal, etc...all are quick and easy and portable and can help stave off the munchies.

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    November 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM

LOL!

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    November 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I'm able to eat at my desk.  I like eating my oatmeal while I'm checking CM and my email. 

Working Moms