Working Moms

mickstinator
I have got to stop...
November 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Eating my whole lunch before 1030! 

I've been trying to bring a healthier lunch of little snacks like sun chips and broccoli and greek yogurt. I just keep eating it all before lunch is even here! I'm dying by 4 with the munchies! 

I'm eying my banana, but since I already ate my chips and yogurt and it's only 9:45, I think I'll wait until at least 11 to start on it. haha!

Replies

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    November 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Do you eat breakfast?  Usually oatmeal keeps me full.

• mickstinator
    November 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Quoting M4LG5:

Do you eat breakfast?  Usually oatmeal keeps me full.

that's what gets me! i usually like to eat the yogurt for breakfast and then i just keep going with the rest of my lunch. ha.

i used to eat breakfast at home/on the way in. i can't eat yogurt in the car, so i wait longer to eat. i think that's where my problem lies. 

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    November 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I do the same thing!  Maybe bring more.  The broccoli should be more filling, so bring more of that, and some other fiber-rich foods.  Like carrots, etc.

• mickstinator
    November 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Quoting deccaf:

I do the same thing!  Maybe bring more.  The broccoli should be more filling, so bring more of that, and some other fiber-rich foods.  Like carrots, etc.

i think i'm going to start buying more. i have been rationing it throughout the week so it doesn't run out. apparently i like it more than i realized. ; )

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    November 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Boiled eggs can be made the night before and eaten in the car if you peel them at home.

• mickstinator
    November 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Quoting deccaf:

Boiled eggs can be made the night before and eaten in the car if you peel them at home.

i forgot about boiled eggs! i used to bring those pretty regularly, too. thanks for the reminder! definitely going to boil some up.

• Marti123
    November 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    Ahh, it is hard being hungry!

I just bring 4-5 tiny snacks and eat like every 3 hours.
  • CorpCityGrl
    November 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Try to eat breakfast...maybe even a little something at home shortly after you wake up because you may be waiting too long to eat.

Also, bring more protein-packed snacks.  Hard-boiled eggs, peanute butter, oatmeal, etc...all are quick and easy and portable and can help stave off the munchies.

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    November 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM

LOL!

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    November 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I'm able to eat at my desk.  I like eating my oatmeal while I'm checking CM and my email. 

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN