Working Moms

the3Rs
What was that?
by the3Rs
November 15, 2012 at 6:46 AM
My dog woke me up about 4:45 & REALLY needed to go out. Was out for about 5 minutes with no problems.

Went back to bed & then heard this HORRIBLE snarling. It was LOUD & sounded vicious...like a wolf about to attack. And the worst part was it sounded RIGHT by my window...not in the neighbor's yard, but right up against the house.

My dog was going nuts & then it just stopped. Abruptly. Never heard any thing like that since we've lived here.

We used to live in the middle of nowhere & this kind of thing was common, but here? The worst we've had is a bunny rabbit.

Replies

• trfgirl56701
    November 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Yikes! I hope whatever it was left and you don't have to worry about it again.

• leahbeah143
    November 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM

oh my! that would freak me out too! I live out in the middle of nowhere and it creeps me out when the coyotes start barking right outside the house.

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    November 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Thank god your dog didn't run into it!

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    November 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I know!  Just think if I had let him 5 minutes later!

jaw drop

Though I wonder if he sensed something as he usually doesn't beg to go out at that time of the morning.

Quoting deccaf:

Thank god your dog didn't run into it!

• mickstinator
    November 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

that is weird...i wonder if a neighborhood dog got out? i would feel a little unsettled, too!

• Nighttiger
    November 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Wow. Crazy. So glad your dog was inside!  We have coyotes that run in the school across from us in the summer. Luckily, our dog is bigger than them and looks like a wolf, so I never worry too much about her (and the 5' fence helps :).

• flutter523
    November 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    Yikes! So glad you were all safe inside
  • preacherskid
    November 15, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Our dogs react that way when something gets into their burrows (when we got our first og the coyote pack had pups her age and adopted her- they play with her all the time and she has picked up some of their behavior, like digging burrows and fillingthem with leaves for cold weather).  Our dogs are very territorial and react anytime something comes into the yard.  Our older dog has killed a bobcat for coming into the yard.  Hopefully whatever it was learned its lesson!

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    November 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Wow I would have been really freaked out

Working Moms