Working Moms

mickstinator
Oops
October 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I just dried (on super dry heat, nonetheless) my son's bed spread, sheets, and every single stuffed animal...

WITH A RED CRAYON!

His favorite white tiger plushie now looks like he just made a kill.

Parent of the weekend award can go right here. Ugh! : (

Replies

• levansbx
    October 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    No luck with the clothes though?

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting levansbx:

This may sound weird, but did you try using wd40? It's known to get out all kinds of stains. I used it to get gum stains out of all our jeans and darks (of course) when a pack of gum melted all over our clothes in the dryer. It was like magic...seriously!

I actually did! It helped get the extra red wax out of my dryer. I read it online. I had no idea before that it was a help. So random and weird!

• mickstinator
    October 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM

between that and oxyclean, it got it out of the animals. the darn comforter and sheet just had it really in there. it wasn't even waxy at all. i had dried it on the extra high heat cycle, so i think it was pretty pressed into it. 

Quoting levansbx:

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting levansbx:

This may sound weird, but did you try using wd40? It's known to get out all kinds of stains. I used it to get gum stains out of all our jeans and darks (of course) when a pack of gum melted all over our clothes in the dryer. It was like magic...seriously!

I actually did! It helped get the extra red wax out of my dryer. I read it online. I had no idea before that it was a help. So random and weird!

• levansbx
    October 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    Oh shoot. Maybe you can tie dye them and he can help. I don't know....trying to make lemonade out of lemons. It's a long shot! :)

Quoting mickstinator:

between that and oxyclean, it got it out of the animals. the darn comforter and sheet just had it really in there. it wasn't even waxy at all. i had dried it on the extra high heat cycle, so i think it was pretty pressed into it. 

Quoting levansbx:

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting levansbx:

• mickstinator
    October 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Haha. Luckily, it isn't too terribly bad. the red on the bed spread is not a lot and it's only on one side, a light blue and red plaid, so it kind of blends alright. and the sheet was stained already, so i'll just use it as a back up sheet instead. i am SO GLAD i didn't have any clothes in there. that would have been a hassle! 

Quoting levansbx:

Oh shoot. Maybe you can tie dye them and he can help. I don't know....trying to make lemonade out of lemons. It's a long shot! :)

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting levansbx:

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting levansbx:

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts