Working Moms

mickstinator
Oops
October 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I just dried (on super dry heat, nonetheless) my son's bed spread, sheets, and every single stuffed animal...

WITH A RED CRAYON!

His favorite white tiger plushie now looks like he just made a kill.

Parent of the weekend award can go right here. Ugh! : (

Replies

• levansbx
    October 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    No luck with the clothes though?

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting levansbx:

This may sound weird, but did you try using wd40? It's known to get out all kinds of stains. I used it to get gum stains out of all our jeans and darks (of course) when a pack of gum melted all over our clothes in the dryer. It was like magic...seriously!

I actually did! It helped get the extra red wax out of my dryer. I read it online. I had no idea before that it was a help. So random and weird!

• mickstinator
    October 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM

between that and oxyclean, it got it out of the animals. the darn comforter and sheet just had it really in there. it wasn't even waxy at all. i had dried it on the extra high heat cycle, so i think it was pretty pressed into it. 

Quoting levansbx:

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting levansbx:

This may sound weird, but did you try using wd40? It's known to get out all kinds of stains. I used it to get gum stains out of all our jeans and darks (of course) when a pack of gum melted all over our clothes in the dryer. It was like magic...seriously!

I actually did! It helped get the extra red wax out of my dryer. I read it online. I had no idea before that it was a help. So random and weird!

• levansbx
    October 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    Oh shoot. Maybe you can tie dye them and he can help. I don't know....trying to make lemonade out of lemons. It's a long shot! :)

Quoting mickstinator:

between that and oxyclean, it got it out of the animals. the darn comforter and sheet just had it really in there. it wasn't even waxy at all. i had dried it on the extra high heat cycle, so i think it was pretty pressed into it. 

Quoting levansbx:

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting levansbx:

• mickstinator
    October 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Haha. Luckily, it isn't too terribly bad. the red on the bed spread is not a lot and it's only on one side, a light blue and red plaid, so it kind of blends alright. and the sheet was stained already, so i'll just use it as a back up sheet instead. i am SO GLAD i didn't have any clothes in there. that would have been a hassle! 

Quoting levansbx:

Oh shoot. Maybe you can tie dye them and he can help. I don't know....trying to make lemonade out of lemons. It's a long shot! :)

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting levansbx:

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting levansbx:

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN