Working Moms

the3Rs
Would you be prepared?
by the3Rs
October 13, 2012 at 6:17 AM
I hade a dream eerily similar to the new show Revolution (no electricity, internet, gas, water, etc.) except it was restricted to our area of the country & was storm related. But in the dream it was very real - as dreams tend to be.

Now that I'm awake I realize that if there ever WAS a big disaster we'd probably be dead in a week.

- no extra gas for the vehicles
- only one small propane tank for our camping stove
- no charcoal for our grill
- a lot of bottled water but it wouldn't really go far
- no real stockpile of food
- no access to cash as we only use our debit card & ATMs or credit card machines didn't work in the dream
- we do have wood for the fireplace for heat but as a full time heat source it wouldn't last that long

I'm not talking end of the world stuff, but we seriously aren't ready to survive a disaster. How about you?

Replies

• BelindaDuvessa
    October 13, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Nope.  I'm not afraid to admit it, either.  I'm pretty sure I can't even really survive a power outage right now, although I think I will be working on that one.  And probably will get wood for our fireplace just in case the power goes out this winter.  That's the extent of my planning.  >.<

• 4healthyeats
    October 13, 2012 at 7:47 AM
    We be hosed. Our house all electric. Our power has gone out here for a week or so many times. We go to family that has a generator and extra food. We bring a weeks worth of food/water and some cash.
  • flutter523
    October 13, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    Yup. We'd be dead in a week too. I have some food but not enough to last a long time. No bottled water. No extra gas. No heat.
  • leahbeah143
    October 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM

no, we aren't prepared at all! I'm sure with some scrounging we'd be ok for a little while, but we don't have a supply of food or water or even food for the animals. DD and I were watching Revolution last night and we were wondering how they stay so clean lol

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    October 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    Yeah, we thought that, too :)

Quoting leahbeah143:

no, we aren't prepared at all! I'm sure with some scrounging we'd be ok for a little while, but we don't have a supply of food or water or even food for the animals. DD and I were watching Revolution last night and we were wondering how they stay so clean lol

• Marti123
    October 13, 2012 at 1:58 PM
    Umm, we could last a day or two tops. It would get pretty ugly after that.
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    October 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I have tons of flashlights :)

• Nighttiger
    October 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM

We could last maybe a week :)  

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    October 13, 2012 at 10:45 PM
    We wouldn't last long at all.
  • WonderWomanSV
    October 14, 2012 at 8:39 AM

nope. I always think about how we need to get prepared but we live paycheck to paycheck and just can't afford to stock up. :(

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN