Working Moms

the3Rs
Would you be prepared?
by the3Rs
October 13, 2012 at 6:17 AM
I hade a dream eerily similar to the new show Revolution (no electricity, internet, gas, water, etc.) except it was restricted to our area of the country & was storm related. But in the dream it was very real - as dreams tend to be.

Now that I'm awake I realize that if there ever WAS a big disaster we'd probably be dead in a week.

- no extra gas for the vehicles
- only one small propane tank for our camping stove
- no charcoal for our grill
- a lot of bottled water but it wouldn't really go far
- no real stockpile of food
- no access to cash as we only use our debit card & ATMs or credit card machines didn't work in the dream
- we do have wood for the fireplace for heat but as a full time heat source it wouldn't last that long

I'm not talking end of the world stuff, but we seriously aren't ready to survive a disaster. How about you?

Replies

• BelindaDuvessa
    October 13, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Nope.  I'm not afraid to admit it, either.  I'm pretty sure I can't even really survive a power outage right now, although I think I will be working on that one.  And probably will get wood for our fireplace just in case the power goes out this winter.  That's the extent of my planning.  >.<

• 4healthyeats
    October 13, 2012 at 7:47 AM
    We be hosed. Our house all electric. Our power has gone out here for a week or so many times. We go to family that has a generator and extra food. We bring a weeks worth of food/water and some cash.
  • flutter523
    October 13, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    Yup. We'd be dead in a week too. I have some food but not enough to last a long time. No bottled water. No extra gas. No heat.
  • leahbeah143
    October 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM

no, we aren't prepared at all! I'm sure with some scrounging we'd be ok for a little while, but we don't have a supply of food or water or even food for the animals. DD and I were watching Revolution last night and we were wondering how they stay so clean lol

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    October 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    Yeah, we thought that, too :)

Quoting leahbeah143:

no, we aren't prepared at all! I'm sure with some scrounging we'd be ok for a little while, but we don't have a supply of food or water or even food for the animals. DD and I were watching Revolution last night and we were wondering how they stay so clean lol

• Marti123
    October 13, 2012 at 1:58 PM
    Umm, we could last a day or two tops. It would get pretty ugly after that.
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    October 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I have tons of flashlights :)

• Nighttiger
    October 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM

We could last maybe a week :)  

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    October 13, 2012 at 10:45 PM
    We wouldn't last long at all.
  • WonderWomanSV
    October 14, 2012 at 8:39 AM

nope. I always think about how we need to get prepared but we live paycheck to paycheck and just can't afford to stock up. :(

Working Moms