Working Moms

adulation
can I vent about missing comp by $13??
October 10, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I am a manager  and so of course driving sales is a huge priority.  Yesterday we did 118% to plan but missed comp by $13 (comp is our last year number and therefore pretty important).

I felt really bad about falling short only $13! And normally I would have just bought something myself, but I was sick on monday and missed work and had to go to the DR and get Rx meds so after that money is tight.

So my DM has e-mailed me twice already trying to figure out what I "should have done better" to get the money in.  stayed open longer? (uh, at 9pm when we close there were zero people in the store, so you want me to waste payroll on zero dollars in sales???)

I'm super annoyed because for the week so far we are up nearly $3000 to comp, so $13 in the grand scheme of things is nothing!

on top of that, when I went in yesterday we were down on our day by $200 and I busted my butt and dealt with some really rude customers to bring in $600 my first hour, making up for our deficit for the day.  then with my next 2 hours I managed to put us up by over $200 because I knew the evening would be dead.  I also brought the ADS up to over $32.  She always talks about controlling our controllables and that's exactly what I did. I couldn'thelp that only about 6 people came into the store the last hour and a half, one of them was an even exchange for a damaged handbag, one bought a $14 necklace, and then 2 ladies were getting door prizes for their ministy group and were on a $30 budget!  I mean, we helped them find some really cute stuff for $30 but I can't control that they literally couldn't spend more than that!

anywayyy.  She hasn't responded to the second one yet.  And I lmost felt like I was throwing my GSM under the bus by pointing out that we were down on our day while she was SM, so now I'm nervous about her saying something to me about it tomorrow, but I don't see how its solely my fault we missed plan for the day when she didn't make her segments!

SO ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYYY

thanks for letting me vent!

Replies

• adulation
    October 11, 2012 at 9:23 PM

My DM was in the store today and we talked real quick and things ar better now. She knows I did the best I could and even said that in a situation like that she would rather me call her up and let her buy something over the phone than miss plan by such a small amount!! 

• 4healthyeats
    October 11, 2012 at 9:46 PM
    Vent away. Glad you were able to talk to dm. Just stick to the facts.
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    October 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I don't know how you do it, I couldn't work sales. It sounds really stressful, vent away.

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN