Working Moms

LNLMommy
Really bummed!
October 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Hi ladies,

So I hate my current job. It's more so the manager who is a pain. It is very clear that I am not her favorite so even though I've been in office longer than most I am still low on the todem pole. Well I interviewed for this Great position, got great feedback but was contacted today and told they went with someone else. I am happy to have a job but I am very very hurt and disappointed. Have u ever went through this and what made u feel better? Thanks for letting me vent!

Replies

• Mireya926
    October 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM

No problem!

Don't give up. Keep shushing for that job, but with your head up and untill u find one and you feel that this is the job u want.. Don't mentioned to anyone at work that you are looking for job. Keep it all in the low. Good luck. Keep us posted.

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    October 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    Most people have gone through that. It just wasn't the job for you. Keep your head up, keep trying & don't give up.
  • LNLMommy
    October 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    Thanks ladies!
  • leahbeah143
    October 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM

aw that sucks! just keeping sending in those resumes the right job will come along!

• jurnee14
    October 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM

don't give up! the right job is out there somewhere.

• trfgirl56701
    October 9, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Don't give up. I'm sure you'll find something before too long

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    October 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Don't give up.  Do your best at your current job.  2 things could happen.  Your boss moves on, giving you a chance to really shine, or you get another job that you love!  But keep doing the best you can, so there is nothing that can be said that is negative.

• mickstinator
    October 9, 2012 at 9:59 AM

It's so hard to accept the politics of a workplace. My husband's company frequently gives new positions to the less qualified people applying because of ulterior motives. It can be really disheartening for the people who try so hard and still fail. 

Don't lose hope, though. The only way to succeed is to keep trying (and probably miss a few on the way). You have to know that you're doing the best you can. Eventually, in some way, that will be recognized. Hugs!

• Loveplusmama
    October 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Definitely keep you chin up!

If you received positive feedback, it's worth a phone call to the hiring manager to see why you didn't get the job. Is there extra training that would've nailed it?  Could you have done something different in the interview?  They may not be straight with you because I think these conversations make people uncomfortable, but if you felt good about it, it's worth a shot to ask. 

We interviewed recently and the girl was amazing on paper. Her personality didn't fit with our small workplace, but her qualifications we wonderful. When I checked her references, they bombed. I called her to let her know that while qualified and not a great fit for us, that her references would've killed it for her if we were going to make an offer. She thanked me, and hopefully she has found something better suited for her and she has revamped her reference list.

• LNLMommy
    October 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    Aww poor girl! The hiring manager said it was a really tough decision and it really came down to who had more experience. It hurt but I made some great new contacts so I will keep at it until the right job finds me!

Quoting Loveplusmama:

Definitely keep you chin up!

If you received positive feedback, it's worth a phone call to the hiring manager to see why you didn't get the job. Is there extra training that would've nailed it?  Could you have done something different in the interview?  They may not be straight with you because I think these conversations make people uncomfortable, but if you felt good about it, it's worth a shot to ask. 

We interviewed recently and the girl was amazing on paper. Her personality didn't fit with our small workplace, but her qualifications we wonderful. When I checked her references, they bombed. I called her to let her know that while qualified and not a great fit for us, that her references would've killed it for her if we were going to make an offer. She thanked me, and hopefully she has found something better suited for her and she has revamped her reference list.

Working Moms