Working Moms

the3Rs
TP?
by the3Rs
October 6, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Ah, the "joys"of Homecoming.  Woke up this morning to find our trees, bushes and garden full of toilet paper.  Oh joy. 

I never did that when I was a kid, though our house was TP'd (thanks to my brother).  However, they really just stood in the road and threw it into the nearest trees.  That was how it was here last year as well.

This year they actually came far into our (large) yard and wrapped it around the bushes right up by our house - not feeling too comfortable about that.

My dog just went outside and was 'tracking' the new scents and now has been standing in the middle of the yard barking and barking - apparently trying to re-establish control of his yard?  LOL  He's also afraid of the TP when it blows in the wind, LOL.

So - did any of you TP when you were kids?  Did your house get TP'd this year?

Replies

• mickstinator
    October 6, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    We're far from that phase at my house, but I admit I've wrapped a few yards up in tp before. Hopefully it's not hard to clean up!
  • the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    October 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM

My younger two were already outside before 8:00am (all bundled up as it's 34 degrees & feels like 26 outside) to play and started cleaning up what they could reach.  I didn't even ask them to!  :)

So, I've always wondered, since I didn't TP as a kid, what is the criteria for who gets TP'd and who doesn't?  We are the only ones on our street to get it, though several kids live on our street.  And as I drove DS to school this morning there were others who got it, but not EVERYONE.

Quoting mickstinator:

We're far from that phase at my house, but I admit I've wrapped a few yards up in tp before. Hopefully it's not hard to clean up!

• mickstinator
    October 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I didn't go to a public school when it happened, so Idk if it's something different with them, but we would always do it to the yards of 1) kids someone in the group had a crush on, 2) a really annoying classmate, or 3) a cool teacher who probably had already had their yard done before, so we made it a tradition. 

Do your kids know who did it? 

Quoting the3Rs:

My younger two were already outside before 8:00am (all bundled up as it's 34 degrees & feels like 26 outside) to play and started cleaning up what they could reach.  I didn't even ask them to!  :)

So, I've always wondered, since I didn't TP as a kid, what is the criteria for who gets TP'd and who doesn't?  We are the only ones on our street to get it, though several kids live on our street.  And as I drove DS to school this morning there were others who got it, but not EVERYONE.

Quoting mickstinator:

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    October 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    We did it so many times...I can't even put a number on it.
  • the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    October 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM
    No, we have no clue who. Or if he does he didn't tell me.

Quoting mickstinator:

I didn't go to a public school when it happened, so Idk if it's something different with them, but we would always do it to the yards of 1) kids someone in the group had a crush on, 2) a really annoying classmate, or 3) a cool teacher who probably had already had their yard done before, so we made it a tradition. 

Quoting the3Rs:

Quoting mickstinator:

• Nighttiger
    October 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM

We do once. We had a summer slumber party with 12 girls sleeping on the trampoline. We TP'd probably 14 houses; pretty much the entire neighborhood. We even TP'd one of the girls houses at the sleepover just so it didn't look like she participated (would have been obvious). We also took string and tied screen doors shut and strung string back and forth across the street. A runner came while we were doing it and nicely went around all the string. We thanked him :)

• leahbeah143
    October 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I never went TP'ing but my house was TP'd once by an ex boyfriend and a bunch of his friends. My dad was PISSED lol

• mickstinator
    October 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM

the few times my house was, i felt honored as a kid. haha. i always interpreted it to mean i was well-liked. 

Quoting the3Rs:

No, we have no clue who. Or if he does he didn't tell me.

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting the3Rs:

Quoting mickstinator:

• flutter523
    October 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    I've never done it or had it done to us.
  • rissarin
    October 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM
    Haha!! Your dog cracked me up!!

I did it once to our coaches yard when we went to sections or something. It wasn't as exciting as everyone thought it was. I just stood around. Probably because my OCD needed it to be perfect and straight...haha!

Working Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts