Mommies with 2009 Babies!

stepof5
Does your 2009 baby still nap???
by stepof5
August 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM

HELP!!! My 32 month old little girl doesn't seem to want to nap anymore. She was one who never lengthened the time she slept when she went from two naps to one. Her one nap has only been 45 minutes- 1 hour 15 minutes. I need some time to get things done!!! She now wants a little light on (never did before) so we have a Dora plug-in LED that projects an image of Dora & Boots on the wall. She also starting wanting a stuffed animal to sleep with her two months ago. During nap time, she seems to just want to play with it and/or talk to it. If I don't give her one or take it away, she just cries. She is sweet about just singing and/or talking to imaginary friends during her naptime, but she's not sleeping. Any suggestions???

Replies

• JoeyJrsMomma
    August 22, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I have no real advice. Joey always says he doesn't want to sleep, but put that kid in bed and he's out. He's a good 2 hour sleeper, sometimes more on the weekends.

• Jemia
    by Jemia
    August 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM

sometimes

• jenzachsam
    August 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM

He still naps but there are days where Jasper doesn't nap at all either.

• do11face
    August 22, 2012 at 2:46 PM

No, she stopped around the same time she turned 3.

My son did, as well.

*edit* I menat age 2, they both stopped napping at 2.

• Mommy2b2324
    August 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM
    Take the toys away and let her cry. as long as she has something to keep her awake, she won't nap. so she cries, she'll live. my Dd does The same thing but falls asleep soon after. she sleeps for about two hrs usually from 230-430 sometimes longer
  • stepof5
    by stepof5
    August 22, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Thanks for your replies. i do appreciate it. She played with her tody today fro about 30 minutes. I then went in her room and took it away. She did fall to sleep after only a few minutes of crying. 

• TassellsMark
    August 23, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Mine DS still naps he fights it but in the ends sleep wins and he is out for about 1hour to 1.5 hours

• faeryfrog
    August 25, 2012 at 12:11 AM
    She still naps for about 2 hours
  • bjrace70
    August 26, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Mine hasn't napped since she was about 28 months. Every great once in a while she'll take a one hour nap, but not often. I wouldn't push the issue of sleeping, maybe just put on a movie and tell her to 'rest' for a while. That way you could still do some stuff without her around playing.

• ashleybgarcia
    August 26, 2012 at 7:04 PM
    Nope. He stopped napping last month when he turned 3. The only way I can get him to nap is in the car at 2 pm ha. So, pretty much only on the weekends.

Mommies with 2009 Babies!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts