Single Moms

MoniqueMarie
Hello, I am new to the group
July 28, 2007 at 10:55 AM
My name is Marie and I am a single mom to five children. My kids do have a father, but I refer to him as a donor. I have been a single mom for so long, that my kids used to call their dad by his first name. Because he would just pop in and out of their lives anytime he felt like it. But my kids range in age Antonio who is 20 and oversea's in Iraq, Johnnie who is 18 and still at home, twins Shaurice and Maurice who are 13, and my baby Brittany who is nine.

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.

Marie

Replies

• mishkins
    July 28, 2007 at 11:11 AM

awww that sounds lovely!!! what a nice separation in ages!!!
    im a single mom to a 6month old lil peach!!!
    never for the life of me will i ever be able to understand how fathers aren't in our babies lives.

i hope you are well and making the best of your family!!!

what do the children think of their father?
    it worries the most, i don't care if i have to struggle and do whatever i can but more so that the way that it will affect my daughter having an absent father.
    he isn't worth anyone being upset over.

• MoniqueMarie
    July 28, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Quoting mishkins:

awww that sounds lovely!!! what a nice separation in ages!!!
    im a single mom to a 6month old lil peach!!!
    never for the life of me will i ever be able to understand how fathers aren't in our babies lives.

i hope you are well and making the best of your family!!!

what do the children think of their father?
    it worries the most, i don't care if i have to struggle and do whatever i can but more so that the way that it will affect my daughter having an absent father.
    he isn't worth anyone being upset over.

I think my kids are beginning to realize that he does nothing for them. My brother told him that he needs to grow up. But my oldest daughter is pretty sharp and knows that I take care of them.

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.

Marie

Single Moms