Single Moms

Featured Posts
jmontena
How do you approach a man?
July 9, 2007 at 8:43 PM

I brought my son out for pizza tonight at a local pizza place. As we were sitting waiting for our food a very cute man walked in with his daughter...I looked and nope there was no ring! A couple minutes later a women came in which ended up being the grandma. So here I am sitting near this really cute single dad....my son and his daughter were chatting a little from the tables and it was really cute. I wish I could've thought of something to say to this guy. He was sooooo cute and very good with his daughter! What can I do different next time?

Replies

• mnstrtrx
    July 9, 2007 at 9:58 PM
    IMOP, best way to start is just by saying 'hi', then take it from there. he's prob just as nervous as you.
  • Fireinmyeyez
    July 9, 2007 at 10:03 PM
    I am really no help cuz I am not the type to approach a guy....well.... it's VERY rare cuz I was the one to approach my baby daddy and now look....I'm stuck with him(gladly though even though we aren't together, lol) But if it was me I would have said something like, "looks like we have a play date going" or "looks like my lil guy found himself a girlfriend" or something equally lame, lmao.

myspace.com/fireinmyeyez85

• jmontena
    July 9, 2007 at 10:21 PM

Quoting Fireinmyeyez:

I am really no help cuz I am not the type to approach a guy....well.... it's VERY rare cuz I was the one to approach my baby daddy and now look....I'm stuck with him(gladly though even though we aren't together, lol) But if it was me I would have said something like, "looks like we have a play date going" or "looks like my lil guy found himself a girlfriend" or something equally lame, lmao.

Oh....I love the playdate comment! I should've thought of that! It would've been perfect!
  • misspiper
    July 9, 2007 at 10:23 PM
    It depends on the atmosphere. If the grandma was not there and I had the courage, I might have let the kids play a little and started talking to him. You know - like you do with other mothers - "how old?" and so on.
  • jmontena
    July 10, 2007 at 6:36 AM

Quoting misspiper:

It depends on the atmosphere. If the grandma was not there and I had the courage, I might have let the kids play a little and started talking to him. You know - like you do with other mothers - "how old?" and so on.

yea....I wish the grandma wasn' t there...lol! Why are women so intimidating? LOL!
  • Fireinmyeyez
    July 10, 2007 at 5:42 PM
    Probably because you knew that was his mom or something and didn't want to look stupid. It's hard enough to try and muster up the courage to speak to HIM alone but then you have an audience and that doesn't help!! Oh and the typical "how old?" would work too.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts