Single Moms

Featured Posts
new here tooo, confused
June 13, 2007 at 6:40 PM
hi everyone i am nora, 26 years old and recently became a single mother of two, my ex left the house last week and i find myself here in need of friends to talk to , i am kind of going nuts here trying to figure out what im gonna do alone with my two kids and how to survive on my own, any advice form others is greatly appreciated i dont really know where to start and figure out how to keep a roof on my kids head, i have a job but basically it pays for daycare and rent, ne thing leftover is gas and food money, so im just kind of trying to figure out what to do now, hope to hear form you girls soon, i can be a good friend as well...


  • Gemysyn
    by Gemysyn
    June 13, 2007 at 7:31 PM
    Hey there...I'm 19 and going to be a single parent least you got the mommy part down...I'm worried about doing that part well. As for the rest, I'm sorry to hear that...and I can barely survive on my own, so I know how you feel about not knowing what to do about money. It are jerks, sigh.
  • Peggy1984
    June 14, 2007 at 12:49 AM
    Hello & Welcome! Sorry to hear about your situation. Have you tried your local food pantries? Almost all churches have one-tha't what I do to help those in-between times.Good luck!
  • sandykf
    by sandykf
    June 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM

    Go apply for food stamps.. You work and pay taxes and deserve some help when things are tough. Look into state paid child care for low income families.. Go to your local Department of human services and find out what kind of help they can give you. Domestic violence advocacy's have great resources too. Even if you are not a victim of domestic violence you can call and ask about resources they know of that could help you and your children.

    June 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    Call 211 see what resources they have available. Utilize them :)
  • Robsessed98
    June 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM
    Welcome. I'd say you should get either a second job or one with higher pay. While you're looking, apply for food stamps and state assisted daycare. You also need to get things started to file for child support.
  • BeachMommy07
    June 26, 2013 at 9:11 PM

     apply for assistance. thats what it is there for. 

  • steviechick
    June 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM

    Hi, Nora and welcome to the group.  Check your local county's family services.  Get the financial assisance they will provide for you ASAP.  File for divorce and get cs set-up through the court system.  Again, family services can help direct you to a public defender to set-up cs. 

  • MandaMom23
    June 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM

     Hi there, welcome to the group.  Good luck with your fresh start.  I hope you enjoy your time on CM.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts