Single Moms

Featured Posts
janielinds
First Post...But in huge financial trouble due to childsupport!
May 26, 2007 at 9:00 AM
Hello,

I am the mother of an amzaing 9 year old little boy! We are fortunate that his father does play a very active role in his life, (even if he is on wife #3). In the 5 years since our divorce, my ex has been late on child support only once, (and it's not court ordered, we came up with the figure on our own). But now, we have a big problem. See, he's a writer and he is paid by what he writes that is published. And his last book has not done well. So now he's saying that it could be August before he can pay me for June and July....$525 a month each! That means we have to try and live without over $1000 of our income!!
What do I do? How can I make up that money? Please, any suggestions would help!
Janie

Replies

• Pink.Sunshine
    March 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM

ohhhhh

Quoting a06z08mama:

Anybody realize this post is from 2007?

• Mommyto2LilMen
    March 21, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    Welcome.
  • lucasmadre
    March 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM

In a perfect world I think it is best to be able to support your kids without child support. I have been through what you are facing and haven't gotten any child support in 6 months. I don't expect to get any in the near future either so I just took a full time job. I didn't want to do it as I have a 9 year old boy too (with some special needs-aspergers) but I am tired of relying on my X to make ends meet (or NOT meet more likely.) My credit cards are scary, I have literally paid rent on credit but you do what you have to do. 

I wish you well, hopefully this is a temporary thing and your X will come through in the near future. In the meantime take a good look at your expenses (there is always something you can cut) and pay what you have to, call or write letters to everyone else and hang in there. See if you can find a way to make a little extra money yourself...

Good luck honey, no fun to be financially unstable!!!!  XO

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts