Single Moms

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I need a 3 bedroom
by Anonymous
April 19 at 3:57 PM

For my kids. 

I have 2 boys, ages 13 (in less than a month) and 5. The 13 year old is starting puberty, getting really private about stuff, spending more time in shower etc. They share a room and they fight all the time, after bed time they're constantly screaming at each other until one passes out. 

Talked to best friend about this, he says I don't need the 3rd bedroom and I should let the boys bond and fight, that it'll be good for them. He himself has like 7 brothers and 2 sisters. 

IDK what to do. 

Replies

• virginiamama71
    April 19 at 4:04 PM
    Children always fight with each other. Just tell them to be quiet.
    Set up some rules. If it continues start punishing them.
  • krisnkids
    April 19 at 4:14 PM

The 5 yo goes to bed at 8, the 13 yo goes to bed at 9. That problem solved. You'll still have more, but that's usually the biggest. 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    April 23 at 3:41 PM
    He ain’t getting privacy as my kid lol. Tough cookies your little brother annoys you, 5 y/o goes to bed an hour before 13 y/o. Maybe put a tall bookshelf and curtain to give some type of division if it’s truly that awful, but they aren’t getting separate rooms. I shared a room with 3 other sisters we were 4,7,9,&16. We Faught, we annoyed each other, that’s what siblings do
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    April 23 at 3:45 PM

I've been thinking about putting up a divider in their room. I think after a few days they'll start respecting each others areas. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: He ain’t getting privacy as my kid lol. Tough cookies your little brother annoys you, 5 y/o goes to bed an hour before 13 y/o. Maybe put a tall bookshelf and curtain to give some type of division if it’s truly that awful, but they aren’t getting separate rooms. I shared a room with 3 other sisters we were 4,7,9,&16. We Faught, we annoyed each other, that’s what siblings do

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    April 23 at 3:54 PM
    I have 3 girls and not able to afford 3 bedrooms around here. The room is really set up for them to sleep and change their clothes. My twins use my bathroom and my oldest uses the one in their room.

Luckily we do have a den area that they can use for themselves or as another option to find space. I just can't afford a 3 bedroom and they have to deal with it.
  • AzariahsMother
    April 23 at 4:39 PM

13 to 5 is a huge age gap to me and I'm sure they are both going through 2 different stages in their lives right now.  Yes, siblings will always disagreements and than be BFF's again.  To me I think allowing them to have separate rooms is a great idea, but if it's not affordable you have to work within your means.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    April 23 at 4:45 PM

I have a very large curtain that I originally bought for my balcony door. I'm thinking about hanging that up as a partition between the boys. That might work to give them their own space.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

13 to 5 is a huge age gap to me and I'm sure they are both going through 2 different stages in their lives right now.  Yes, siblings will always disagreements and than be BFF's again.  To me I think allowing them to have separate rooms is a great idea, but if it's not affordable you have to work within your means.

• AzariahsMother
    April 23 at 4:51 PM

A partition could work.  Maybe once it's up you could do minor redecorating so 13 side really feels like his own and the 5 year old side.  Just a thought but also having a conversation with the 2 of them about boundaries.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I have a very large curtain that I originally bought for my balcony door. I'm thinking about hanging that up as a partition between the boys. That might work to give them their own space.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

• idomatter
    April 23 at 5:35 PM

I hear you. In a 2BR right now with two boys (8 and 12). Big brother gets his own room, little brother shares a room and king bed with me. There's no way I'd put them in the same room. But this is the last year for this-our place is becoming too small for us three. (@975sf).

• deltathree
    April 23 at 6:35 PM

agree - maybe put up a curtain for privacy -

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts