Single Moms

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Soooo it’s been awhile
by Anonymous
December 10, 2017 at 8:25 PM
I haven’t dated in 7 years, yea 7 whole YEARS!! But when I did date I was that awkward dater. Anyway, 6 years ago I met this guy. And I’ve always said that love at first sight was fake and stupid but when I met him I literally had to catch my breath!! We have always flirted with each other but never went beyond that. Ok more like a goofy flirting since we did work together. 6 years has now passed and I had never told him how I felt,however, he started texting me a few nights ago telling me that he likes me and misses seeing me and my ds. It was completely out of the blue. So my question is, do I ask him where that all came from and why he was saying all of that? Or do I just leave it? Oh I should probably mention that he is married so nothing would happen anyway since I don’t do that kind of stuff but still is it ok for me to ask him why he said those things?

Replies

• virginiamama71
    December 10, 2017 at 8:29 PM
    I wouldn't talk to him.
    A good married man only misses his wife. Even when they're going through a difficult time.
    And if he thinks of someone from his past he doesn't bring her to the present because most of time she won't be in his future.
  • ame4c
    by ame4c
    December 10, 2017 at 10:01 PM
    He's married, block and remove him from your life. Otherwise you will just become the "other woman" even if you don't want to be. A good husband doesn't send text like that to other woman.
  • lyzzefrago
    December 11, 2017 at 12:54 AM

He could have just meant he likes you as a person, my mom has a shit ton of male friends and she's in a very committed and long term relationship with my dad and has never cheated. I would ask him why he said that if it's bothering you and then if he starts getting weird and acting funny then you step away because that's no good which I'm sure you already know. I don't think there's any harm in just being friends with someone of the opposite gender especially if they're married because then there's no confusion, they're with someone else so it's not going to be going in that direction regardless.

• anonomomma
    December 11, 2017 at 11:27 AM
    I would stay away from that situation. I don't like to borrow trouble.
  • Oliviasmom72
    December 11, 2017 at 1:15 PM

I have been in your  shoes and I will guarantee you, nothing good will come of this. NOTHING. If anything you will be a side piece and you will come find out that is no fun. Stop talking to him and move on. Find a guy that is single.

• virginiamama71
    December 11, 2017 at 5:26 PM
    It's different when men and women are friends and it's known to the spouse/other person they are committed to.
    This story posted sounds like a man trying to creep so he contacts someone he knew years ago and first thing he says to get her attention is he misses her. lol

Quoting lyzzefrago:

He could have just meant he likes you as a person, my mom has a shit ton of male friends and she's in a very committed and long term relationship with my dad and has never cheated. I would ask him why he said that if it's bothering you and then if he starts getting weird and acting funny then you step away because that's no good which I'm sure you already know. I don't think there's any harm in just being friends with someone of the opposite gender especially if they're married because then there's no confusion, they're with someone else so it's not going to be going in that direction regardless.

• lyzzefrago
    December 11, 2017 at 5:35 PM

That could be true, but I just don't know him or the situation personally so I wouldn't just jump immediately to never speak to him again. There are definitely some weird people out there even in situations where the other spouse knows, my mom has a couple pretty strange friends that are kinda flirty and awkward. If it is a total other woman situation though of coruse lol..

Quoting virginiamama71: It's different when men and women are friends and it's known to the spouse/other person they are committed to. This story posted sounds like a man trying to creep so he contacts someone he knew years ago and first thing he says to get her attention is he misses her. lol
    Quoting lyzzefrago:

• virginiamama71
    December 11, 2017 at 5:41 PM
    Too many married men who do this can't be trusted. Most of them are trying to find an extra.

Quoting lyzzefrago:

That could be true, but I just don't know him or the situation personally so I wouldn't just jump immediately to never speak to him again. There are definitely some weird people out there even in situations where the other spouse knows, my mom has a couple pretty strange friends that are kinda flirty and awkward. If it is a total other woman situation though of coruse lol..

Quoting virginiamama71: It's different when men and women are friends and it's known to the spouse/other person they are committed to.
    This story posted sounds like a man trying to creep so he contacts someone he knew years ago and first thing he says to get her attention is he misses her. lol

Quoting lyzzefrago:

• lyzzefrago
    December 11, 2017 at 5:53 PM

Yeah unfortunately that's probably true. Makes it so hard to do anything in this day and age lol, but then the younger adults who aren't married are mostly not married and single because they like to screw around so it's a lose lose lol.

Quoting virginiamama71: Too many married men who do this can't be trusted. Most of them are trying to find an extra.
    Quoting lyzzefrago:

Quoting virginiamama71: It's different when men and women are friends and it's known to the spouse/other person they are committed to. This story posted sounds like a man trying to creep so he contacts someone he knew years ago and first thing he says to get her attention is he misses her. lol
    Quoting lyzzefrago:

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    December 12, 2017 at 8:58 AM
    I would text back something about valuing his friendship. It lets him know that's what he is to you. I would also be mindful of his words during any future interactions

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts