Single Moms

Featured Posts
flymommy1
Lonely xmas
December 3, 2017 at 4:13 AM
I have never felt so empty and hollow in xmas season.
A lot has happened to me in this year that left this dark cloud of depression and loneliness.

I feel more frustrated because I want to liven up and give my 9 yr old a good xmas but it's so hard.

My heart breaking

Replies

• zboys
    by zboys
    December 3, 2017 at 4:17 PM
    Me too. I feel lonely
  • ame4c
    by ame4c
    December 3, 2017 at 8:16 PM
    You need to find a group of single mom's to hang with. Do you have a church? A lot of church's have single mom's groups now. These groups are good for emotional support, friendship and sometimes help with child care and etc.

Churches also have benevolent funds to help people through tough season and that includes Christmas. There is also those family adoption programs that help with kids and christmas.
  • lyzzefrago
    December 3, 2017 at 8:21 PM

Aw I'm so sorry! It can definitely be hard. Christmas makes me always happy even if things aren't great so I'm hoping that will continue for eternity, but I can completely understand how it can be hard.... I definitely feel lonely a lot too and feel like I need to find a group in my area. I have friends but none of them live in the city I do except like a few family friends. Everyone else lives at least an hour away :( many in other states at this point.

• chicagogem
    December 4, 2017 at 2:36 PM

I'm so sorry. I will be praying for you, for healing and the ability to enjoy this season with your precious child. Please know that you are loved and prayed for, and most certainly not alone. {hugs} 

• howiesmom1
    December 4, 2017 at 7:49 PM

I am sorry you are feeling lonely and sad.  As moms, we tend to put a lot of pressure on ourselves at Christmas when it comes to our children's happiness.  I completely understand!  You may find this article encouraging http://bit.ly/2mFxWoz.  I'll be praying for you. 

• virginiamama71
    December 4, 2017 at 8:15 PM
    Take your child out to some fun holiday events. Most are free!! 🙂

Whatever has happened this year to bring you down make sure you have a plan for the new year to bring yourself up again.
  • deltathree
    December 4, 2017 at 11:10 PM
    I hear you. I completely understand. You're not alone. Hugs.
  • pam4him
    by pam4him
    December 10, 2017 at 10:15 PM

I'm sorry you are feeling this way.  The good news is you have a 9 yr old who may can help liven you up.  Let your child "be in charge" of some of the holiday stuff - like picking a tree or putting together an artificial one, then they get to lead the decorating.  Let them tell you where to put certain ornaments.  This takes some of the stress off of you, teaches your child some leadership, and may even liven you up in the process.  Kids are resilient, you don't have to go all out.  If a tree is all you get done, then ok.  Hang in there, and try to focus on what is really important - the relationship with your child.  Good luck and have fun not being in charge for a bit.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts