Single Moms

Featured Posts
cjsmom1
Getting to know you
by cjsmom1
January 2, 2016 at 4:10 PM

Welcome to the single moms group. With so many new members coming in I figured it was a good time to get to know a little more about you. Share anything you want

Suggestions:

How many kids do you have

How old are your kids

What has been the most challenging/rewarding part of being a single mom

Your hobbies

Replies

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    June 4, 2015 at 1:15 AM

I have a ten year old ds and don't plan on having any more kids. The hardest part of being a single mom is taking care of me. With working two jobs and taking care of ds I often don't take time for myself. I think being a mom is rewarding regardless of whether or not you're single

• amonkeymom
    June 4, 2015 at 9:44 AM

Hi!

I'm Amy. I have 3 kids, one is grown and on his own, and 2 teens. I've been a single mom twice now, the first time from the time my oldest was born until I married when he was 6.5. And, more recently for the last 6 years. 

• njmommy123
    June 4, 2015 at 8:39 PM

Hi I'm Lauren. I've been a single mom for almost 4 years. I have a 7 yr old and a 3 year old. The biggest challenge for me is having balance in my life with everything. During my divorce, I thought I could have a life makeover, but financial and childcare restraints limit me from having balance in my life right now.

• Mommy2Boys0900
    June 4, 2015 at 9:01 PM
    Hi, I'm Yanique. I'm from New York City. I have two boys ages 14 & 6. I've always been a single mom. The hardest part is always having to do it all, and by myself. I'm not complaining about it, but help from their other half would be nice from time to time.
    I love spending time with my boys and I LOVE taking them places they both enjoy, which isn't always easy because of the age gap.
  • TurtleMami
    June 5, 2015 at 1:51 AM
    I'm Lyn and I have one little turtle. The best part of being a single mom was not having to argue with anyone over his name. The worst part is having to deal with little to no sex. My hobbies involve nail polish and envelopes.
  • ame4c
    by ame4c
    June 5, 2015 at 8:16 AM
    Hello. I have 2 beautiful kiddos. One 14 and one 19. I am also a career mom and spent a lot of my single years working going to school full-time time and caring for two young babies. It was a hard road but I'm glad I chose it. Now I am financially set as well. I'm not rich by any means but I'm not staying awake at night wondering how I'm gonna feed my babies anymore.

I have been on Cafemom since it opened and this is my favorite group. Can't wait to meet all of you.
  • RonaH
    by RonaH
    June 5, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Hi Im Rona. I have a 14 yr old DD and until recently was also caring for my niece. I have always been a single mom I'm quite used to it and enjoy it actually. My hardest struggle was financially early on. It took a while to get all my ducks in a row. :)

• cshari2013
    June 7, 2015 at 12:03 AM
    I'm coleen, I have three kids 7, 3, 1. I am too tired to have hobbies anymore kids take up that time. Sleep takes up the other. Not have support makes things so hard for me with my kids. My two little ones are too friendly Nd I don't know what to do and my 7 yr old is too talkative... it's scary. But they are great kids and beautiful and I'm so blessed to have them.
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    June 7, 2015 at 12:42 AM
    Quoting njmommy123:

Hi I'm Lauren. I've been a single mom for almost 4 years. I have a 7 yr old and a 3 year old. The biggest challenge for me is having balance in my life with everything. During my divorce, I thought I could have a life makeover, but financial and childcare restraints limit me from having balance in my life right now.

Finding that balance can be really hard. I feel guilty if I go out when I'm not at work. I feel like I work so much that I should be home with ds when I'm not working.
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    June 7, 2015 at 12:43 AM
    Quoting ame4c: Hello. I have 2 beautiful kiddos. One 14 and one 19. I am also a career mom and spent a lot of my single years working going to school full-time time and caring for two young babies. It was a hard road but I'm glad I chose it. Now I am financially set as well. I'm not rich by any means but I'm not staying awake at night wondering how I'm gonna feed my babies anymore. I have been on Cafemom since it opened and this is my favorite group. Can't wait to meet all of you.
    I love this group too. I like the smaller groups since there's rarely drama

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts