Single Moms

Featured Posts
pedritosmama
If you have EVER had a friend w/ benefits...
May 10 at 11:26 AM

And explain your response or situation if you would like to.

Respond to this poll if you've ever had a friend w/ benefits (in the past or the present). My friend w/ benefits....
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 12% - Turned into a relationship and it is still going on.
  2. 11% - Turned into a relationship and it is now over.
  3. 18% - Did not turn into a relationship, but I wanted one.
  4. 44% - Did not turn into a relationship, and I did not want one.
  5. 12% - Is still just my friend with benefits.

Replies

• Jenn8604
    May 10 at 11:30 AM
    Once upon a time I had a fwb. I didn't really want a relationship with him. We were friends, talked a lot, and we had sex when we both felt like it. We are no longer fwb. He is in a long term relationship, has a kid, and I have a kid, and we just aren't relationship material for each other.
  • pedritosmama
    May 10 at 11:34 AM

Mine is current.  I made this post because I do have some confusion over it.  But it's probably normal.  Especially since my friend w/ benefits is an actual friend...someone I've known 8 years.  It's probably just confusing for me because I genuinely loved him in a friend way even before all this so now it feels a lot like love, but I know it's just probably because we had such a good friendship.  I don't want to ruin it with my stupid feelings.

Quoting Jenn8604: Once upon a time I had a fwb. I didn't really want a relationship with him. We were friends, talked a lot, and we had sex when we both felt like it. We are no longer fwb. He is in a long term relationship, has a kid, and I have a kid, and we just aren't relationship material for each other.

• sid1083
    by sid1083
    May 10 at 11:35 AM
    We were clear from the outset what type of relationship it would be. While they were nice, there were too many things about them I wouldn't compromise on to be in a ltr with them.
  • tialisa
    by tialisa
    May 10 at 11:41 AM
    Well my former fwb is the father of my youngest child he and I never had a relationship. We are still figuring out how to co parent. There is still a huge amount of sexual tension between us and I find myself wondering about a relationship, he has admitted he has wondered but he and I butt heads to much and there is to much history, I don't think it would work.
  • pedritosmama
    May 10 at 12:07 PM
    Quoting tialisa: Well my former fwb is the father of my youngest child he and I never had a relationship. We are still figuring out how to co parent. There is still a huge amount of sexual tension between us and I find myself wondering about a relationship, he has admitted he has wondered but he and I butt heads to much and there is to much history, I don't think it would work.

Is he there for the child?

• SwitchbladeMama
    May 10 at 12:55 PM

We weren't even friends. I would just show up at his house at 3am usually every weekend, and we would fuck around. I wanted to be more of a fwb... not date him, just get to know him as a friend so he would be an actual fwb... but it didn't happen. Looking back I'm glad it didn't.

I'm fine just being 100% alone and sexless at this time tbh.

• faerie75
    May 10 at 4:16 PM
    I had a fwb for 4 years and that's all we ever were. As time went on he told me that I was more like a friend than a bootie call to him because a bootie call you usually only hooked up a few times, and he respected me as a friend. Occasionally he would come over to hook up but we would just shoot the shit. We didn't feel "that way" about each other though. And it made no sense, he was a 21-25 year old career college student and I was a 31-35 year old single mom w a job. It ended when I met SO. He called me a few months after I told him I'd met someone, to see if t had worked out and it had. He has a gf now from what I saw on fb. Good for him!
  • wendythewriter
    May 10 at 4:25 PM

I couldn't vote because there wasn't really an answer that exactly fit. 

I dated my friend (we actually dated a few different times lol), but it never really went anywhere. We are great as friends, but as a couple...it's just really never been there. But at different times, we each had thoughts of wanting more than just the fwb situation. Usually, one of us wanted it when the other didn't. 

We're still sort of fwb, but he lives several states away now, so we only get together when he happens to be in town. It's okay, but to be honest, I've been doing some thinking lately about whether or not I want to continue. I don't want a relationship with him, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want one with me, but I've just kind of reached a point where...I don't know exactly. It just feels like not enough anymore, I guess. I don't have any real interest in dating, but *this* just doesn't seem like the right fit anymore either. I don't know. 

• Jenn8604
    May 10 at 4:46 PM
    My former fwb and I have been friends since we were 6. While I care for him as a good friend. I don't think I could ever love him as someone I would want to marry KWIM? We only had sex every now and again, so when one of the in between times happened and he started dating this chick it wasn't no big deal (maybe if we had been having sex more than just once every few months it may have been different). Idk but I have my son and work to focus on now.

Quoting pedritosmama:

Mine is current.  I made this post because I do have some confusion over it.  But it's probably normal.  Especially since my friend w/ benefits is an actual friend...someone I've known 8 years.  It's probably just confusing for me because I genuinely loved him in a friend way even before all this so now it feels a lot like love, but I know it's just probably because we had such a good friendship.  I don't want to ruin it with my stupid feelings.

Quoting Jenn8604: Once upon a time I had a fwb. I didn't really want a relationship with him. We were friends, talked a lot, and we had sex when we both felt like it. We are no longer fwb. He is in a long term relationship, has a kid, and I have a kid, and we just aren't relationship material for each other.

• pedritosmama
    May 10 at 5:10 PM

A lot of you keep saying that your FWB was not a good fit for you as far as a relationship goes.

This makes me more confused because mine is an excellent fit for me.  We relate to each other in ways that others wouldn't understand.  We would be great together. 

But we both talk about how much we don't want a relationship.  I don't want one in general, but now I'm starting to want one with him specifically.  So, I get kind of sad at times because I've already established a different kind of relationship with him so now it can't change.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts