Single Moms

texansmommy
Heartbroken?
January 13 at 9:04 AM
I think that's how I feel right now, but can't really place it. I am definitely hurt, but maybe it's just a bruised ego.
I broke up with my bf last week. He left with the truck that is in my name and basically left three kids and me stranded. Well he has been calling and stopping by to see if I need anything and has taken me to a job interview, the store, and the kid's school to fill out some paperwork for the bus since I would not be able to drop them off and pick them up anymore. And he "let" me use it to visit my grandma who's in the hospital two hours away yesterday. Well I have been thinking the past few days that this is kind of stupid and maybe I should talk to him about trying to work it out. I asked him to watch dd2 today while I go to my working interview, and planned to have a long discussion with him about everything when I got home. Well the only thing that will be "discussed" is that I am keeping the truck and I never want to see him again. He showed up this morning and passed out on the couch. I really shouldn't have done this (and never did while we were together) but he did it to me all the time when we were together. I looked through his phone. All I have to say is...ugh. He has been talking to a handful of different girls from POF and bars, and has definitely hooked up with a couple of them. Already...really? There's no way I can even consider working anything out now that he's already slept with other people. I'm sure it's his way of dealing with me breaking up with him, but that just reinstates the fact that he is too immature for me. I don't know why it hurt so bad seeing those messages and emails; after all, I did break up with him. But the fact that he can just move on so fast like that...I guess makes me feel like I didn't really mean that much to him. I'm really hurt...and I'm taking the fucking truck now asshole. And now I have to put this all out of my mind for a little while so I can do well with my working interview. Hope you ladies have a better day than I am!

Replies

• virginiamama71
    January 13 at 10:16 AM

He has moved on, make sure he continues to stay moved out of the house.

• mamalena137
    January 13 at 10:25 AM

Hugs mama. No matter who does the breaking up it still hurts, especially when the other person moves on right away. It sounds like it isn't worth it to want to fix it. He didn't care about stranding you and taking your truck. Just be strong for yourself and your kids. Good luck.

• amonkeymom
    January 13 at 1:40 PM

Sure your ego is bruised, and with good reason.  Not to mention you're mourning the loss of the relationship.

Definitely make sure he is moved out, change the locks and don't let him have your truck.  If he takes it again, you may want to report it stolen.

• TurtleDoveLove
    January 13 at 2:49 PM
    Men move on fast NOW and women we are emotional so it takes us time .. But later on is when men realize what they had and by that time the woman has already moved on and has no feelings left. THis has happens to me a lot. I hurt so bad after the breakup . And they are already move on , dating everything . Then after years have passed they try to get in contact with you. And your so far over them , your disgusted at what you ever saw in them. That' was my story with my ex 's before I had a child . Now my new situation with my child's father is hurting me more than anything and we have a child so it's hard to just move on. But he doesn't see our child , his choice so maybe it won't take me as long as I'm thinking. Why did you break up with him ?
  • texansmommy
    January 13 at 4:49 PM
    I can say all the bad things about him and try to say it's all his fault, but the truth is that we are just incompatible. Not meant to be.

Quoting TurtleDoveLove: Men move on fast NOW and women we are emotional so it takes us time .. But later on is when men realize what they had and by that time the woman has already moved on and has no feelings left. THis has happens to me a lot. I hurt so bad after the breakup . And they are already move on , dating everything . Then after years have passed they try to get in contact with you. And your so far over them , your disgusted at what you ever saw in them. That' was my story with my ex 's before I had a child . Now my new situation with my child's father is hurting me more than anything and we have a child so it's hard to just move on. But he doesn't see our child , his choice so maybe it won't take me as long as I'm thinking. Why did you break up with him ?
  • Frances0923
    January 13 at 6:37 PM
    Move on. Times heels all, in a couple of months you'll realize that leaving him was the best hung to do if you feel you two are incompatible. A relationship always seems a bit better when your not together because you morn the loss of mostly the good times and not focus on the bad
  • Heath77
    by Heath77
    January 13 at 8:13 PM
    I would listen to Beyonce Irreplaceable. I still would get that truck. If he wrecks it or gets caught driving without a license they're going to take him to jail for no license and it will cost you a lot to get it after its towed. Wow. He took your truck and he is sleeping with other women. He has all the power and he has all his cake and is eating it too. I am sorry, but he better be glad I am not his girlfriend. He is so wrong and I'd have no mercy on him. He is breaking the law by driving without a license and driving a stolen car because its not his and sleeping with other women.

Quoting texansmommy: I think that's how I feel right now, but can't really place it. I am definitely hurt, but maybe it's just a bruised ego.

I broke up with my bf last week. He left with the truck that is in my name and basically left three kids and me stranded. Well he has been calling and stopping by to see if I need anything and has taken me to a job interview, the store, and the kid's school to fill out some paperwork for the bus since I would not be able to drop them off and pick them up anymore. And he "let" me use it to visit my grandma who's in the hospital two hours away yesterday. Well I have been thinking the past few days that this is kind of stupid and maybe I should talk to him about trying to work it out. I asked him to watch dd2 today while I go to my working interview, and planned to have a long discussion with him about everything when I got home. Well the only thing that will be "discussed" is that I am keeping the truck and I never want to see him again. He showed up this morning and passed out on the couch. I really shouldn't have done this (and never did while we were together) but he did it to me all the time when we were together. I looked through his phone. All I have to say is...ugh. He has been talking to a handful of different girls from POF and bars, and has definitely hooked up with a couple of them. Already...really? There's no way I can even consider working anything out now that he's already slept with other people. I'm sure it's his way of dealing with me breaking up with him, but that just reinstates the fact that he is too immature for me. I don't know why it hurt so bad seeing those messages and emails; after all, I did break up with him. But the fact that he can just move on so fast like that...I guess makes me feel like I didn't really mean that much to him. I'm really hurt...and I'm taking the fucking truck now asshole. And now I have to put this all out of my mind for a little while so I can do well with my working interview. Hope you ladies have a better day than I am!
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    January 13 at 8:27 PM
    Men tend to deal with break ups by sleeping around and seeing what else it's out there. Just focus on you and your kids.
  • Heath77
    by Heath77
    January 13 at 8:34 PM
    I would be this way now. Years ago I would just get the truck and leave him be. I know I would be hurt and depressed for a long time. That's enough stress to give someone a nervous breakdown. I had a pretty bad ex and he did similar things. It took me years to heal. I even went to therapy. It's tough and the more you are around him the worse it will get and make you feel. He sounds like my ex was. I am really sorry because I know how it feels. Its a horrible what he is doing. I went through a whole year of similar things with my ex. Try to be strong.
  • brittybby2010
    January 13 at 10:11 PM

Boot him out, keep the truck . You are right to be hurt. So make sure he stays gone.

Single Moms