Single Moms

Featured Posts
Saurusmom8
No Time! Need encouragement and advice! Has anyone been going through this or has gone through it? Help! :)
October 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I am a single mom working 3 jobs (2 ft and 1 pt). I work every other weekend and have only 3 days off a month. My son is very active and we have supper to bedtime together and 1 precious weekend to ourselves.

Here is the issue: I have too much on my plate!! I took my second job with the understanding that I was hired for weekdays and they told me I had to work weekends as well (after they hired me..turns out they did not hire enough staff). If I didn't need the job I wouldn't take it.

I have friends getting married and having babies and all this stuff that I can NEVER be there for and its wearing me out and making me feel terrible.

I feel so stressed and never have time to just go and relax and the days I do have off are.. you guessed it! Spent running errands and doing the stuff for home.

I feel lost and like I can't go to see friends or anything.... I am a terrible friend. Phone calls just aren't doing it anymore. My sons activities eat up all of our free time

STRESSED! Help! I don't like this! I am no fun anymore. :(

Has anyone else gone through this?
How did you get through? Did you lose friends? I feel like I deserve to lose friends.

I missed 2 baby showers, 3 weddings, 1 baby visit and 5 funerals because of this. I just want to cry. I feel terrible..

Replies

• Saurusmom8
    October 18, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    Oh and birthdays.. I can't count the number of birthdays I have missed. I am starting to resent that I have to do it all myself. Grrrrr.... #venting
  • workingmum2two
    October 19, 2013 at 12:05 AM
    I've not been through it what you are with three jobs. One job has been hard enough of a juggle with two kids. All I know is things do get better. Sending good thoughts your way. Hang in there.
  • dineo-m
    by dineo-m
    October 19, 2013 at 6:06 AM
    I am in that situation right now,I have two young boys and I have new business.I don't go out or relax and its hard I know,I even have back pain to prove that.But sometimes I would ask someone to help me even if its 30 minutes so that I can rest.sometimes u need to ask for help cause now ur not taking care of urself and its not gud for ur health.
  • krisnkids
    October 19, 2013 at 7:17 AM

I would start by looking at where you work. How much are you making? Do you earn what your education deserves? Then look at your epenses, are you frugal or spending frivolously? Do you wear designer? Does your son wear designer? What can you cut? Why aren't you getting child support? 

• LifeCafe42
    October 19, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    1 is hard enough! I can't imagine juggling 3 maybe look for something better paying so you can drop one it budget to see if you can save money and not need so many jobs
  • Saurusmom8
    October 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    We are very frugal. I do not get child support (but filed) but the bd is nowhere to be found. No, we do not wear designer. No, I do not get paid what I am worth. :) Yes, I do need 3 jobs to help with expenses.

Quoting krisnkids:

I would start by looking at where you work. How much are you making? Do you earn what your education deserves? Then look at your epenses, are you frugal or spending frivolously? Do you wear designer? Does your son wear designer? What can you cut? Why aren't you getting child support? 

• Saurusmom8
    October 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    If it were that easy to have only 1 job I would! Trust me. :)
  • Saurusmom8
    October 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM
    That's why I have 3 jobs so we can save some. :)

Quoting LifeCafe42:

1 is hard enough! I can't imagine juggling 3 maybe look for something better paying so you can drop one it budget to see if you can save money and not need so many jobs

• Saurusmom8
    October 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM
    I think its just hard because I have no time to truly invest myself. I have to pay medical expenses (no, we did not get qualified for help..I applied).

I am just tired and my new employer lied to me about weekends. The reason I liked it was that I would get weekends off. Its just tiring.

We live minimal the way it is.

I am just not able to keep up with buying baby gifts, wedding gifts, birthdays and still provide. I make only $2800 a month and need to pay off hospital bills before I can finish school.

• Saurusmom8
    October 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    I am glad you mentioned health. I have to see a cardiologist in November and I am worried.

My few days off seem to be taken up by family functions and to be hhonest I would just like time home to rest. Its selfish but I am tired. My heart wants to be there, but my body says "no"... its been very hard and I haven't told anyone about the heart issue as I don't want more stress ..people tend to meddle and make it worse rather than be of real help and encouragement.

I would hire a sitter.. but that's more money! I know I will get through this but its just hard for me to feel so tired and I used to love being with people and now I just would give anything for someone to just let me stay home and not ask anything of me for at least one day.

I have a vacation planned but it isn't until April and its for a week.

I love being a mom. So if you are thinking I don't you can stop here.. I love my son. I think its just a time issue and I cannot get people to understand if I have 3 days off a month then I need one of them to rest. They stop talking to me and punish me for being human.

Quoting dineo-m:

I am in that situation right now,I have two young boys and I have new business.I don't go out or relax and its hard I know,I even have back pain to prove that.But sometimes I would ask someone to help me even if its 30 minutes so that I can rest.sometimes u need to ask for help cause now ur not taking care of urself and its not gud for ur health.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN