Single Moms

amonkeymom
Airing dirty laundry...
August 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM

My oldest son's dad and his fiancee have been fighting this week and she's been posting all over Facebook (nothing specific, just a lot of weird meems and things like "I hate my life", or sharing that she's having a bad day so she's drinking).  

It makes me feel weird knowing that they are having that much trouble, but even weirder that she's not shy about telling the whole world about their troubles.

So my question is.... when things aren't going well (or even when they are) do you share it with a lot of people or are you more private about things like this?

Replies

• britmichele
    August 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    Im not on fb, but I will vent to my sisters
  • steviechick
    August 28, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Facebook is a very public place that is if you make it 'Public'.   In this case, your exe's gf needs to make her FB 'Private'.  That way not everyone can see her silly rants. 

• amonkeymom
    August 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I agree.  

Maybe it's just that I'm such a private person?  I don't know, but it makes me feel like a stalker to know so much about what's going on, even though I don't want to know and didn't go searching for it. 

Quoting steviechick:

Facebook is a very public place that is if you make it 'Public'.   In this case, your exe's gf needs to make her FB 'Private'.  That way not everyone can see her silly rants. 

• steviechick
    August 28, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I completely understand about wanting to know what's going on with the ex and his new life.  I can contest to that!  I even have a thread started on the ex's new wife and her FB account.  I'm like you.  I don't air anything out in FB (even though I have set my FB account to 'Private') unless I want to share it with my friends.  Nothing private is shared on my wall.  I want to stay fun and interesting.  I will take my 'dirty laundry' and talk to my friends in person. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

I agree.  

Maybe it's just that I'm such a private person?  I don't know, but it makes me feel like a stalker to know so much about what's going on, even though I don't want to know and didn't go searching for it. 

Quoting steviechick:

• Robsessed98
    August 28, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    I don't put personal issues on FB. I talk to one friend about private issues and my family about the rest.
  • otoole
    by otoole
    August 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM

i hate people who have to share every detail of their lives on facebook. i talk to the people i need to when something is wrong, not to everyone on facebook.

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    August 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I have no idea why people post those things on fb. I think it's dumb and normally attention seeking.

• Misha1204
    August 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I don't post everything. If something good happens or I'm in a good mood, I want my friends and fam to enjoy it with me.

• Misha1204
    August 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I, also, post pics....no dirty laundry.

Quoting Misha1204:

I don't post everything. If something good happens or I'm in a good mood, I want my friends and fam to enjoy it with me.

• diaperstodating
    August 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    I'm a private person. I don't share personal business on the Internet.

Single Moms