Single Moms

Featured Posts
kammymom
bored with baby
August 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM
This is my first post so im not sure how this works,but im a single mom to a beautiful 8 week old baby girl.right now im staying home with her,and it seems like we just sit around everyday because she never lets me put her down.what are some entertaining activities i can do with her to pass time? Also i have no family support so im on my own

Replies

• krisnkids
    August 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Get out and walk, go to the park, join a new mom's group at the hospital where you had her, join a new moms group at church, look into mommy and me things through the city, go window shopping at the mall.

• hayliedlr
    August 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM

sometimes libraries have activities

• LifeCafe42
    August 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    She may be only 2 months but take her to the park to the store just get out! I am not a fan of the newborn phase just for this
  • imissmydad51
    August 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM

You can go to the mall, park, go out to eat. You can go to a friends house, church and or you can take her in your own yard in a roller so she gets used to not being held all the time. Being held all the time and her not soothing herself isn't good. I was in your situation 18 years ago and about went batty. I mean it wore on me but I realized that since i had her in january there wasn't many places i could go until it got warmer. So I would put her in the warm truck and take a ride with her to get out, different scenery etc. She would cry in the truck and hated to go places until she was 10 months but I battled it best I could. I eventually in July of that year took her to the mall in a stroller and it seemed to help her and myself. Good luck.

• Robsessed98
    August 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    Good ideas. You shouldn't hold her all the time though. If you do, it will be hell breaking her when she's older and impossible for you to get anything done. As long as she's fed, dry and well, lay her down and get her used to it. It doesn't hurt to let her fuss or cry a bit. It's actually good for them.

Quoting krisnkids:

Get out and walk, go to the park, join a new mom's group at the hospital where you had her, join a new moms group at church, look into mommy and me things through the city, go window shopping at the mall.

• steviechick
    August 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM

You can take your baby just about anywhere.  When they are three months old they mostly sleep anyway and are less maintenance when they start to walk.  I took my daughter everywhere with me when she was three months.  She didn't hinder me from enjoying what I normally did.  Grab that stroller and take her to the mall, grocery store, down the sidewalk for a walk, to the bookstore and everywhere else you went before she was born.  You don't have to sit at home while she sleeps in her crib.  You just have to make adustments when you bring her out and about.  Bad thing is grabbing all the things she will need outside of the home.

• punkin5681
    August 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Do you have a swing? Thats what I use to do with my kids and it was a dream come true so try that and see if that works. Oh and congratulations on your beautiful new baby! Enjoy these moments cause they go by so fast

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    August 28, 2013 at 9:21 PM

As others have said go for walks so you both get some fresh air

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts