Single Moms

Featured Posts
amonkeymom
Do you still have a relationship with your ex's family?
June 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I just got off of the phone with my ex's grandmother.  We told her that we'd like to head down to visit with her this summer for a day or two and she called to say how excited she is about us coming.  She just loves the kids and is so sweet to me.  Always tells me she loves me.  :)

So... do you still have a relationship with any of your ex's family?  

Replies

• mom_of_twingirl
    June 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM
    no i dont. and that is fine with me
  • Stephd710
    June 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I did when we first got divorced, they know he did me wrong and were all on my side, but in the end, family wins.  His mom has slowly started being friends with the mistress he left for after she told me she hated her and couldnt stand her.  His sister and I used to still talk but now she is buddies with the new chick too.  So I just stopped talking to them.  No drama, just a fade out.  I still talk to his older kids tho.  They live 12 hours away but we FB and text regularly.  

• Robsessed98
    June 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM
    I talk to dd1's family mostly on FB because they live 900 miles away. I occasionally talk to dd2's uncle but his parents both died a few years ago.
  • Jenn8604
    June 13, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    Nope his dad died and his mom ran off and married some other man before he was cold. She was cheating on him and only wanted her dh life insurance money.
    gee i wonder where the sperm donor learned to cheat?
  • Barblicious
    June 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I posted a very similar topic. 

I had a trip planned to take my daughter to visit "his" sister and her kids and "his" parents - they live 5 hours away. Everyone was happy and looking forward to the visit. Then this week he decided he didn't want me to go - and sabotaged it all. Everyone is very disappointed that he can't be a man. This is about my daughter and her getting time with her family. It has nothing to do with him - but once again he selfishly makes everything a drama about him.

So sad for my daughter. So sad for his parents who really wanted to see my daughter. They were so willing to have me visit. No one had a problem. We all get along. 

What really pisses me off most is this, EVERY fucking holiday my family celebrates, HE INSISTS ON BEING THERE... he has ruined so many of my own family events due to his insistence on being there because he is "the dad" - well no more fuck-o! 

• newlife2013
    June 13, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    No, its best this way.
  • Charlotte1608
    June 13, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    Yup i do. My ex's grandfather is wonderful to me. He rings regularly and sees us when he can.
  • kaylaybaby666
    June 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    No they have issues with me
  • daftricochet
    June 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Yep. All of them love my daughters, and that includes their father. 

• LifeCafe42
    June 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    Nope never did

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN