Single Moms

Featured Posts
ChocolateAngel3
Single mom raising boys alone
May 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Hello moms. I have two boys and a girl that I am taking care of and raising by myself, his choice not to help raising them, & ages 12 1/2, 10, and 10 (twins). I have only sisters and no brothers. Their father have brothers but they never come around, again their choice because they don't want to be disloyal to their brother which is my kids' father. Anyway, you hear and read all the time that a woman can't raise a boy to be a man or boys without father mostly end up in jail and another one, boys without fathers (or male role model for all three saying) most likely will not be successful. Is any moms who had to raise boys alone or is raising boys alone now having successful, happy outcome from this experience?

Replies

• diaperstodating
    May 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    I am soon to be divorced and raising four boys on my own 14, 11, 8 and 5. I am doing the best I can.
    They have some men in their lives: two uncles (dad's brothers) who spend more time with them than their dad, my father, and my step father. Dad disappears for months at a time, they see him about 4 or 5 times a year.
  • drivenleonian
    May 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    I'm a single Mom of a 16 y/o son. My X was gone a lot when we were married so DS never had a Father figure around. He's grown to be a wonderful young Man who has his head on straight and helps me take care of DD, 10. I'm disabled.
    I feel that I've done a good job raising him. We are more like friends than anything.
  • happy57
    by happy57
    May 25, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Do not believe everything you read.I raised three boys on my own and got out there and did everything I could to make up for them not having a father around.We went to the part and yes I through a ball and hit it as well.We went to baseball games and concerts.I also got them involved with big brothers and they took them out about 4 or 5 times a year.I was a room mother,never missed a play nor a teacher parent meeting.I was a working mom who nwas also finishing my college degree.Kids are the most important part of a moms life so jump in and it will be okay.I survived to talk about it.

• andyroosmama
    May 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Being successful has nothing to do with their "father"... I have 3 boys, 15, 9, 7; and I have done it on my own since their births... One is an A student in a college prepatory for gifted and talented kids, one is A and A-B honor roll and headed to Pittsburgh to be a lineman for the Steelers(that's his goal) and my youngest one is a special needs child that has excelled when he was told that he would be behind due to speech and learning delay... just a notch ahead of his level... I do have a great support system, but the older 2's dad just now got in the picture because the courts forced him too along with his wife... the youngest one goes with them but his dad hasn't seen him since 2009... his choice.

• LuvMommysBabies
    May 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM
    I have a 3 year old son and I worry how him being raised without his father will affect him.
  • ChocolateAngel3
    May 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    I can relate to you. I have 3 kids one girl & two boys. One son is a straight A student. My daughter is an A, B student & my oldest is a special need child with speech delay and some learning problems & with extra help he is passing in school also. Their dad is in & out of their life. When it is convenient for him he in it when it is a problem for him he is out.

Quoting andyroosmama:

Being successful has nothing to do with their "father"... I have 3 boys, 15, 9, 7; and I have done it on my own since their births... One is an A student in a college prepatory for gifted and talented kids, one is A and A-B honor roll and headed to Pittsburgh to be a lineman for the Steelers(that's his goal) and my youngest one is a special needs child that has excelled when he was told that he would be behind due to speech and learning delay... just a notch ahead of his level... I do have a great support system, but the older 2's dad just now got in the picture because the courts forced him too along with his wife... the youngest one goes with them but his dad hasn't seen him since 2009... his choice.

• Robsessed98
    May 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    I think its a load of shit and it pisses me off. A woman can raise boys, girls and/or a herd of kids to be just as healthy, successful, respectable and law abiding teens and adults as those with a father or male figure. It's much, much easier and better for them to have a male role model, but us moms can pull it off on our own too.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts