Single Moms

Featured Posts
Saharasmom2008
young mother needs to avoid being homeless
May 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Hello my name is Amanda I'm 22 and i have a five year old little girl and just a few days away from being homeless. I keep trying to contact programs to help but it seems like know one is willing to help.If i go to a shelter i loose my job and will have no way to provide the things my child needs. Please if there's any advice or programs y'all know that will actually help I'd be most gteatfull to here about them.

Replies

• Robsessed98
    May 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    Welcome to the group. Why would you lose your job if you go to a shelter? Isn't there some family or friends you can stay with until you find a place?
  • virginiamama71
    May 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Where is your family?

Sometimes Family Services has a program that helps people get into a hotel for a week or more (depends on funds) and if not they can refer you out to other places.

• virginiamama71
    May 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Why would you lose your job?

If you do not have transportation from the shelter to work, some shelters have buses, or other options to help people to still get to their jobs. 

• Saharasmom2008
    May 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    The closest shelter is in the next county .. and my family and i arnt close.
  • krisnkids
    May 24, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Start calling local churches and see if anyone can help.

• michiganmom5150
    May 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    Can I ask why you will be homeless? Are u behind on your rent or something? Just trying to find out what kind if help you need.
  • smack05
    by smack05
    May 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    Where r u at
  • bellaaax3
    May 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM

where do you live? im not sure about other states, but i know in nj there's a lot of state programs to find housing or have your housing paid for. it's called section 8. you could try to find something like that. there's also programs here that give you cash assistance every month. look into your state benefits.  

http://www.benefits.gov/ 

try looking on that website

• virginiamama71
    May 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    What about staying with friends?
    Quoting Saharasmom2008:

The closest shelter is in the next county .. and my family and i arnt close.
  • kitty8199
    May 24, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    Why would you lose your job

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN