Single Moms

Featured Posts
flawskii
child support
April 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I'm not familiar with these proceedings but I would think if I was suppose to turn my info in my February 23, 2013 and I mailed it in December 6, 2012, that I would have heard something. I called my case worker because I just wanted to know what am I to expect and just to know what is going on, maybe let me know it's been received...I just want to know something and I have yet to receive a phone call back. I know every case is different, my sister's caseworker called her the day her info was due to go over the fact that she had received the information and what the next steps were. How long after you filed for child support had you spoken with your caseworker or was updated on what's going on with the case?

Replies

• rocky_mtn_mama
    April 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I'd keep on calling every day until you hear something, that's ridiculous!

• flawskii
    April 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    Okay that's what I'm going to do!

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

• LauraMH
    by LauraMH
    April 29, 2013 at 3:23 PM

That's what I did. I called literally every week (sometimes more) until someone would do something. It took 7 months and him being almost 11K behind before it was sent to the prosecuters. After it went there I had to wait about a month, then miraculously he had a job and was getting garnished. I got 4 payments then nothing for 3 weeks. I called again and they said they called the employer and he getting garnished this coming week.

If you don't stay on top of it, no one else will. It is annoying, frusterating and a complete waste of time but it's worth it to get the money your kids deserve. Good luck hun.

Quoting flawskii:

Okay that's what I'm going to do!

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    April 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I don't get child support so I don't know.  Here's a bump for you!

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts