Single Moms

Featured Posts
_megmeg_
I hate dating.
April 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Really, really sucks. And I'm awful at it. And what exactly IS dating? It seems like men these days don't take you out, they just hang out and expect you to give it up and call that dating! I really hate this crap! Can't I just skip the dating and have a damn relationship already?? LMAO! Just needed to vent.

Replies

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    April 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I can understand that all to well!

• quickbooksworm
    April 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Maybe you need to date some better guys!  I've gone out with a guy a couple times who seems pretty awesome.  First date, he took me to an NBA game, 2nd row tickets.  Second date we went out to dinner at a casual independent restaurant that serves really good food.  He isn't physically pushy, has a great sense of humor, and the worst thing I can say about him is he has a purse dog.  I mean, most single men don't have Yorkies.  He has a job, a car, doesn't live with his parents, etc.  Keeper!

• LifeCafe42
    April 29, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    Me too but don't settle for the first Jo shmo
  • steviechick
    April 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM

At least you are dating!  All I get are looks are men.  LOL!

• _megmeg_
    April 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    I'm actually super picky and don't give many men the time of day. Maybe its just the guys where I live, IDK. I'm about to give up though.
  • MommyAJ2921
    April 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I wouldn' t if I were you. Maybe its not that you're picky but just not looking at guys you normally don' t think about...like..say you prefer the boss of the office but you pass over the UPS guy...the boss of the office turns out to be a jerk and the UPS guy turns out to be exactly what you were looking for..but you didn't give him (UPS guy) a 2nd glance because he works for UPS. Make sense?

Quoting _megmeg_:

I'm actually super picky and don't give many men the time of day. Maybe its just the guys where I live, IDK. I'm about to give up though.

• _megmeg_
    April 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    Well, I definitely see your point. However, I don't judge anyone on their social status. That's not important to me. I think you may be right in some ways. A lot of it might be because I really want to find that "spark" and unfortunately the case might be that the "spark" is with jerks! LOL. Now how do I get past that??

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

I wouldn' t if I were you. Maybe its not that you're picky but just not looking at guys you normally don' t think about...like..say you prefer the boss of the office but you pass over the UPS guy...the boss of the office turns out to be a jerk and the UPS guy turns out to be exactly what you were looking for..but you didn't give him (UPS guy) a 2nd glance because he works for UPS. Make sense?

Quoting _megmeg_:

• cholita1978
    April 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM

At least you have been on dates, I haven't been in one in over 6 years!!! I honestly wouldn't know how to act, or what to say :-)

• rocky_mtn_mama
    April 29, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Yeah, that's not dating to me either... I'm not sure what is at this point, but that's not it.

• Robsessed98
    April 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    Idk when dating turned into hanging out. I may be telling my age here, but when I was in my teens and 20s, a date meant him picking you up, goo to dinner and a movie or wherever, then he took you home. You didn't just hang out unless you were just friends or officially dating. It was also the guys responsibility to pay for everything. Yep, times have changed...

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN