Single Moms

Churrumina
I need a free lawyer to get divorce, no money no family here
April 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Replies

• PiscesMommy021
    April 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM
    Try your local legal aid office. It may not be completely free though. They would probably base the amount you would have to pay on the amount of income you have.
  • brieri
    by brieri
    April 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM

coffeeGood luck. 

• virginiamama71
    April 26, 2013 at 9:47 PM

If your husband wants to divorce does he have money or family to help? 

• LifeCafe42
    April 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM
    Legal aid, paralegals can help with the paperwork for cheaper, ymca's sometimes have free/cheap legal advice
  • mag12305cmg
    April 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Look for low/no coast legal aid. It took some searching, but I found one. I met with them, told them my case, they will review everything and decide if they will represent me. The only cost to me will be what the court charges for filing the paperwork which will be around $200 (I am saving tax return money for these cost).

• Stephd710
    April 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    File the paperwork yourself. They give out packets at the courthouse or you can get them online. Then all you have to pay is the court fee, which is only a couple hundred.
  • Oliviasmom72
    April 29, 2013 at 2:37 AM
    You dont work for free. Lawyers don't work for free. Unless you qualify for legal aid you probably can just Fike on your own. Many companies offer low cost mediation. See if your court offers any mediation/ conciliation services.

Single Moms