Single Moms

Featured Posts
LilShamrock
An idea I have..
March 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Life has certainly kept me busy and now with the purchase of the house, I'm feeling much angst over whether or not I'm getting in over my head as I know that I'll be paying back my school loans as well....

I had the idea to get a roommate and split the costs at the house..I was thinking another single mom...

Gals, what are your ideas on this? Can you see the positives associated with? The negatives?

Happy Easter!

Sham

Replies

• amonkeymom
    March 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Congrats on your house!

The only negatives, really, as far as I can see are differences in parenting style.  I've roomed with other single moms before and this was always an issue.

• 321.BAA
    by 321.BAA
    March 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Hi I'm in a similar situation, and I am moving into my new place tomorrow. I did not buy it I'm renting it, but I to am worried about being able to afford it. My baby is due in May and my family is a big support, but I am really excited that I am getting my own place to live and raise my son in, and that I don't have to live at home! However, if I am unable to afford it I will try to get a roommate if need be. I did not think about the idea of another mom, but I love it now that I'm hearing it. The one awesome benefit for me personally would be the fact that another single mother would potentially be on the same page as me and we could both work to pay the rent but at different times. I would have to like and trust the girl, and it would also be a plus to have children close in age!! Another like I have with rooming with another single mommy would be the simple fact that I do not want to be hurt again by any man and I plan on waiting for the right guy! Having a girl roommate, with a child, would definitely help keep the boyssss away!! Great idea!

• LilShamrock
    March 31, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    Thanks gals!
  • Andrewsmom70
    March 31, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    Another single mom could mean added baby daddy drama. I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not. I don't think I could do it.
  • Mamavelt
    March 31, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    There is a website that helps match single moms who are looking for roommates- I looked on it but didn't see a match for my situation, but I think because it would be your place might have more ability to find someone suitable. It is called coabode.com - you have to register but it is free. If it works out for any of you I hope you'll share w the board.
  • virginiamama71
    April 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Congratulations on the house. Its a good idea to have someone there to rent a room to.

If I was to do this, I would look for someone who's children are grown and they want just a smaller space for themselves.

• virginiamama71
    April 1, 2013 at 12:34 AM
    I thought this too. Their problems become the household problems.
    Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Another single mom could mean added baby daddy drama. I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not. I don't think I could do it.
  • MommyAJ2921
    April 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I might be interested..where do you live??

• LilShamrock
    April 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    Mommy,

I'm in Central Pa.

Thanks gals...
    Sham

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

I might be interested..where do you live??

• Mommyto2LilMen
    April 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    Congrats on the new house. Don't think I could be roommates with a stranger but the decision is of course yours!!!

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts