Single Moms

Featured Posts
SexyDiva19
Dating rules? *PIOG* *UPDATE*
March 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Ok so this may seem like a crazy question but as far as dating goes when you 1st meet someone and decide to go out who should pay? I met a guy about 2 nights ago at work and we exchanged numbers and we've been texting off and on. He's 25, no kids, not married and he is a security supervisor for a company. Anyways, he texted me last night and asked me when we were going to chill so I'm thinking about going to the movies this weekend because I want to see Tyler Perry's new movie "Temptations:Cofessions of a Marriage Counselor"? We haven't made solid plans yet but I was wondering some  things?

Thing is I don't date or go out. I forgot how the rules work. Paying for things and just being a gf in general. We are just talking so we'll see where things go but I mean its been 8 yrs and I am not a 15 year old anymore you know? 1st outing should you go Dutch or the guy pay? I've never been comfortable with guys paying for stuff anyways because my mother taught me if you allow a guy to pay for things he'll expect something in return (anyone ever heard that?)

Does this post make any sense? lol I am sleep deprived after working all week and only sleep 2 or 3 hours a day. I should be sleeping right now but I got home this morning and took a 2 hour nap before clocking in and so now I'm not sleepy but 9pm comes quick so I guess I'll just lay down and rest my eyes or something? Thanks ladies.

UPDATE: So we ended up texting last night and I ended up texting him and asking him what his definition of "chilling" was and him if going to the movies was cool. He texted back with lol and of course. So we're on the same page I think.

Do people go to the movies on Sundays? He called me last night on my lunch break and we talked. He doesn't smoke or club and he only drinks socially. He doesn't have a FB and he has 2 jobs. He says he is a security supervisor and then he works for the Central Prison. I wonder why he has 2 jobs if he has no responsibilities? Maybe debt? IDK. I don't know enough about him to know if I want to go out tomorrow night but we'll see I guess.

Replies

• Toshi92
    by Toshi92
    March 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    He should pay no matter what just bring your own money. Also when you google him don't just look at the first two pages of google-go beyond and look at way more pages. Also add other things to the search engine that may identify him like his age, job the state he says he live in siblings etc and also click on images on google. A girl I know before she went out on a date with the guy she googled him and found out he shared a wedding registry with his fiance! I always tell all my girls: "Google is your best friend" good luck! And let us CM's know how it went. ;-)
  • ImaSoulMom
    March 31, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    My friend called her boyfriend's friend after he had not called in a couple of days. He finally said, "check his fb page." She said oh well he doesn't have one. Friend is all "check his fb" and hangs up. She finds out he has a wife and two daughters. I don't have one anymore because i hate that bullshit but just double check.

• somemore83
    April 1, 2013 at 2:39 AM
    This

Quoting sarahmiamaria:

The guy should pay, but you have money just in case. Don't forget to say thank you if he does pay :-P

• KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    April 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    from my experiences hanging out means hooking up aka for sex.

Single Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts